Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help fixing my old sword Excaliburs

abeach01

I need help with replacing o-rings in the shafts and tubes. I need the correct sizes for the sword model 1000 model and the Excalibur 2. Been away from hunting for a while and all my machines o-rings are dried up. Also could use help with how to see where a machine is leaking from and how to test after all o-rings are replaced.

I need help with replacing o-rings in the shafts and tubes. I need the correct sizes for the sword model 1000 model and the Excalibur 2. Been away from hunting for a while and all my machines o-rings are dried up. Also could use help with how to see where a machine is leaking from and how to test after all o-rings are replaced.
I'm not finding the info right away. I'll do some more looking. Perhaps Oldbeechnut will see the post ... I think he has the information pretty close at hand.

Edited to add: Read down this thread. It has some of the information but not all.

I have a whole bag of the replacement O-rings somewhere . After I have a cup of coffee, I'll dig out the package to give you the dimensions or size. Old Beechnut is definitely the one to talk too. It's real easy to do, and he even has some videos showing the process of everything Excalibur. Just use some good divers grade silicone grease and divers silicone spray, and you'll be fine.

On YouTube do a search for:
Minelab Excalibur Top O-ring inspection /silicone lube/replacement
It is a video by Joe Beechnut that explains how to do it. Hope that helps.

Now since you were talking about replacing the O-rings on your Excalibur, you got me thinking. It's already been around 8 years since I replaced mine, so I took the whole thing apart to check the insulation on the wires, and O,-rings. I have a stainless dental pick I use to remove the top ones. They were still good, as well as the two inside as I was surprised as it's been a while. Taking them out damaged them, so I ordered some new ones for the top. The best I guess are the Nitrile ones, because of the shaft movement. Make sure you use a top grade silicone grease (divers grade, or similar), when replacing them. The dimensions for the ones on the top are 8mm OD, 5MM ID, with a thickness of 1.5mm, in case any one is wondering.

Now since you were talking about replacing the O-rings on your Excalibur, you got me thinking. It's already been around 8 years since I replaced mine, so I took the whole thing apart to check the insulation on the wires, and O,-rings. I have a stainless dental pick I use to remove the top ones. They were still good, as well as the two inside as I was surprised as it's been a while. Taking them out damaged them, so I ordered some new ones for the top. The best I guess are the Nitrile ones, because of the shaft movement. Make sure you use a top grade silicone grease (divers grade, or similar), when replacing them. The dimensions for the ones on the top are 8mm OD, 5MM ID, with a thickness of 1.5mm, in case any one is wondering.
Excellent post.