Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need help, ideas

I found a small swim beach that has a rich history. I was detecting the sand when the park manager came up and said I dont have a problem with you detecting here just fill your holes when digging in the grass. I told him this is my grass hunting was in this area lets make sure you are happy with my work. Ends up someone else in a different part of the park made a mess. I told him if I cought them out there I would educate them. Fill your damn holes!!! This is way too good of an area to loose access to!!! Anyway we got to talking and now I am more than welcome out there any time. Good guy.. He gave me a long run down of the park history and some helpful spots to go that were used back in the day that are now in tall grass as well as out in the water. Old dive platform, water wheel and such

Now for my needed help, I did break out the excalibur and get in the water. there is a walkway out in the water where the lifeguards used to sit (when they had lifeguards). Now folks walk out on it all the time. I was able to hunt maybe a three foot section along this walkway and it was good tone after good tone. scoop, dump into my floating sifter, sweep same spot, and another good tone, scoop and dump in to sifter. this went on for four scoops and there are still good tones right there. and I had 5 clad coins in my sifter. I cant wait to get back there but my problem is water is waist deep and weedy and I am having a hard time getting the scoop up under the walkway. handle keeps hitting the walkway. I am beginning to think I need to snorkle or get a tank and I guess dive to detect along the walkway but how do you deal with the weeds. I know this area is loaded with good finds

Claytargethntr

Sounds like a great place to hunt not to mention a cool park ranger , maybe a short handle scoop and a snorkel would do it , HH tigerhank68

Thanks for the ideas, that was kind of what I was thinking scuba, weeds and muck but I think it will be worth it in the end. Now if I can only get some warmer temps. Supposed to be 35 here tonight. Doesn't make the water sound like much fun

claytargethntr

I got the chance to go water hunting at this place last night. Weeds are a pita. As for the walkway I relocated the target I was unable to get the other day. I turned my scoop around and pulled it toward me. Finally got my target....... Some kids crack cooker. Ugg

Pulled a silver dime from the grass and was chatting with the caretaker. He pointed me to another beach on a nearby lake that used to be popular but no longer is in existence. Time for research.

Claytargethntr

If you saw the drug stuff I have in a drawer, you would laugh. from a coke spoon and knife to pipes, to roach clips, I have a huge assortment!! LOL don't even ask me why I collect that junk.

Yeah I was driving home last night thinking my luck I will get pulled over and the officer will ask if I have any drugs or paraphanalia. Hell I have never ever concidered it (being a pilot was way more important to me). Well sir yes I do but it is not mine, sure you never heard that before.......

One friend pointed out that there may be needles in the same are if they pitched their stuff to hide it. I swear I will never go swimming in a lake or ocean without shoes ever again after finding all I have detecting.

claytargethntr

Yeah, shoes is the way to go; not just needles being there either - Claytgthnter; I been using mask, snorkel, a little weight, and a short-handle scoop. Works great.