Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help identifying rock!

flwrcrystal

Hello! Today at work, my uncle showed me this rock that he found when he was a child. He explained to me that when he was walking through the forest as a child, he found this weird looking rock and has been trying to identify it since. At the time, he had tried to break it open by smashing it against concrete, using a hammer, kicking it, throwing it, etc. However, the rock is practically indestructible, and has not dented, chipped, or cracked. From throwing the rock, there are some scratches, however the rock has still held up. In my best attempt to describe this weird looking rock, it is clear, and has air bubbles inside of it. It is very heavy, and smooth. It looks almost like it was melted on whatever it was found on, because there are patterns on it. It is a bit cloudy, but you are still able to see through it. On each end of this rock, there are two hard, white stones that are engraved into the rock. These stones are also hard, smooth, and have scratches on them from the attempt to crack the rock open by throwing it. You can see where the rocks meet the clear stone, but what I find interesting is definitely the air bubbles inside the rock. No matter how many people we have shown this rock to, nobody has been able to identify it. It is definitely an interesting object, and we are very curious to determine the mystery behind what this rock actually is. I will include photos of the rock from different angles, and hopefully someone will be able to identify it. If not, it is still a very interesting object that I would love to share with you all!

Attachments

• IMG_8510 (1).jpg
    IMG_8510 (1).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8509.jpg
    IMG_8509.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8508.jpg
    IMG_8508.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8507.jpg
    IMG_8507.jpg