Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help setting up MXT to find artillery fragments

Nemo

I could really use some assistance in setting up my MXT to hunt for only artillery fragments. Can any one help who has done this? I would prefer not to use standard relic searches. I can do that.

Thanks
Nemo

You might consider giving the prospecting mode a try. The display will give you the detector's best guess as to an iron target and the prospecting mode is essentially all metal which should give you as much sensitivity as you can hope for on small targets and especially iron. Down side of course is it's a "dig everything" no discrimination choice, but I'd think that would be what you'd want any way.
BB

My guess is prospecting with trigger in the center position. Can I "block" small iron objects (like nails) by setting the threshold to a high value so that I hear only large iron chunks?

Not sure about that, but it would be worth a try although there again you might miss smaller pieces of what you're searching for.
BB

In relic mode with disc at 0 and trigger forward, ferrous targets will be low tone and non-ferrous high tone. Pull trigger back to pinpoint and then you can "size" the target with the VCO to help distinguish between nails and larger iron. That would be my set up if I were just wanting to dig frags. Dig the high tones though, you dont want to miss fuses or fuse parts as well as lead cannister shot. Good luck,

Jeff