Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Help to Identify Rock

Buz

Lines are definitely man made and go completely around the end of the rock in perfect four straight lines:shrug::confused:

Well, this isn't exactly PI stuff, but it looks like a hammer stone used strapped to a handle and decorated at the top, just a guess. Don

Yes I know Don, but I was out with my PI when I found it. I don't know
who else can help me to identify but you good people.

Thanks
Buzz

If you are near a University, an Archaelogy department would be better, or go online to an antiquities dealer and show picture. People here are usually looking for gold. Goood Luck..Don

The rock measure 3"x5.5" and is a very dense heavy rock, non magnetic.
When I go prospecting I look at everything and this rock just jumped out at me. Maybe its a marker for a gold or silver cache???

:yikes:

Buzz

I know on Catlinite pipes the plains indians used the same scribe...referred to as a Four Winds. the rings represent the four directions of the wind. It would seem this is similar.
Scott

Thanks Scott for your input, the arch on the stone also appears to be scribed in the stone at the top of the rings I forgot to mention.That's not a rock fracture.
This is a very unusual find:detecting:

Buzz