Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help...............What is the best

tomjj

third party coil for the MineLabe Explorer SE Pro.......... The coiltek, or the SEF 10X12. I am going to New England and want a new coil for the trip. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use the SEF 10X12.

What type of hunting are you planning on doing in New England? Beach? Parks? Considering that there is almost 400 years of (Euro) human occupation in that area you might be better off with a smaller coil for trash separation if you are park hunting. Good luck !

I use the SEF..... BUT... i bought it because my SE came with the slim line and i made a choice between the Pro and SEF. I just didnt read anything that convinced me one was overwhelmingly better... so price was the decision maker for me. Ive not been disappointed. Ive used it in the field, parks, woods... and now on the beach.

Dew

for me and every single person who has spent much hunt time with me...and that is: The SEF coil handles iron much better than the pro coil....hands down.

It is what it is...just my personal opinion... and I have proven it over and over to myself and those who hunt with me almost every time out.

Is the pro coil a good coil....no...It's a GREAT one and I love it in cleaner ground. I mean clean of iron...not trash...because the pro is excellent in the trash.

It is extremely sensitive and hot on smaller items and has found me a ton of stuff. Fact of the matter is though for me here in my IL soil I do much better being able to discern deep silver hits from iron falses with the 10 x 12 SEF because it is much more stable for me and I can better concentrate on those deep coin chirps.

I also love the 12" Sunray coil in the iron as well.

In iron free ground though...I'll opt for the pro coil.

There is no perfect coil...but there are some GREAT ones.:thumbup: