Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with identy and information on a coin.

Unfortunatly I didn't find this coin myself, but I was metal detecting at my sons 1900 Victorian home today when a neighbor who saw me, asked if I knew anything about coins. I told him I knew a little. He then opened his wallet and showed me this coin. I first thought it was a silver 50 cent piece since the size was about right and it said United States of America 1944, but it looked different than any 50 cent piece I'd ever seen. Then after flipping it over I was totally confused after seeing Fifty Centavos and Filipinas. My first thought was 1944 is when Macarther came back to the Philippines and this is a commemorative coin. Does anyone have information on this coin?

Attachments

• 20220223_144203.jpg
    20220223_144203.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220223_144228.jpg
    20220223_144228.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 104
Nice find !

Sometimes the coins just up and walk right up to ya…….