Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with my new detector

TRIPLE-SSS

Hi,
Recently bought a new AT-MAX to upgrade from my old AT-PRO. Most of my hunts are salt water beach hunts and have used my AT-PRO at different beaches with no problems. Recently took my new MAX to the beach and could not use it. I tried everything with the settings, contacted Garrett and looked at numerous videos . My problem is , could not stop all the chattering to focus on my targets. Does anyone have similar problems or have you figured out a solution. Would appreciate if someone possibly could help me with my dilemma.
Thanks
TRIPLE-SSS

Not sure, but I think the AT Pro could be ground balanced to some extent for saltwater beach use, but not sure if the AT Max can be.
Seems like the AT Max is sensing the salt or black sand at the beach.
Actually, I just looked up both models and according the Garrett website specs, both are rated for saltwater use.

Last edited:
When I ran the AT Max I found it to be more chatty than the AT Pro. I believe it was due to being “amped up” by Garrett making it more sparky.

Not sure, but I think the AT Pro could be ground balanced to some extent for saltwater beach use, but not sure if the AT Max can be.
Seems like the AT Max is sensing the salt or black sand at the beach.
Actually, I just looked up both models and according the Garrett website specs, both are rated for saltwater use.
Hi, Your right, the AT-PRO can be ground balanced and works fine. Have used the PRO on the beach for years in both wet and dry sand and never had a problem. Now, the AT-MAX, is s completely different story in my experience, you can use it if you turn the sensitivity way down but you loose a lot of depth. The depth was my primary reason for buying it, still scratching my head why it is recommended for the beach when it just chatters so much.

Sounds like the Max is better suited to dry land…….

i tried an at pro at the beach years ago. Me and at pro just didn't work well together. At gold was a different story tho. I had a blast with that machine