Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with relic ID

txquest

Found this item in a military/civilian outpost in SW Texas. The site was occupied from the 1850s to the 1870s. This item appears to be some type of medallion or pendant. It is approx an inch and a quarter long, made out of copper with a possible gold plating, with a rope design making a full circle inside the frame. Thanks for looking and I appreciate your thoughts. Txquest

A paper clip from the Civil War ..:rofl:...... Just kidding..... I've never seen anything quite like it Hope someone knows ......

Thank you'all for looking and posting. And yes I think we can eliminate the "paper clip", I don't know about a ribbon hanger, sounds promising, as far as the zipper, this was found in a site that pre-dates the invention of zippers,but I guess it could of been dropped at this site at a later date. Txquest

hi, not very sure about my thinking, but try it out on research, to me it looks like a vintage part of rod to clean
a gun or a riffle, i think more a gun cause you said a 1 1/4 long so it should have 1/4 + or - wide,
and the small ring at the end should have the same size as the frame, also the turning middle is to get a
piece of Cotton caught inside and turning around the frame to be able to clean a gun, today theses
parts are made of plastic and looks very similar, but you need to get more answers from gun's pro.
hope this help you

frenchy