Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need help with settings on MXT Pro

I am hunting with a whites MXT Pro. I have the 10 " DD and 950 coils. I will be hunting property in Gettysburg PA.we are gonna be hunting mix of old home-farms with wood lots. All pvt property near some battle areas.

I have never hunted in a location like this before, what would be best coil? What program would be best. I normally just hunt in coin/jewelry. If I pop it into relic I don't want to miss old coins...

I will be going with local Whites dealer and some heavy hitters from the Garret gang. It might even be filmed for whites add or something.

I am so excited to get the invite to hunt with these folks.

It all sounds great! With that said, you'll want to dig almost every target. You never know what you might find even if it's a large metal item. As for the settings, this is what I would do. I would go with "relic". Put your discrimination low around 2. Gain about 8. You won't be missing any coins, they'll ring out with a high VDI. I wish you lots of luck and please keep us posted as to you finds. HH, Nancy

I would consider getting the Eclipse 5.3 ( 6.5") coil for your MXT. Its the coil I used the most while hunting older sites. Gets great depth and will handle trash/iron etc that you may encounter much better than that D2 coil and better than a 950. I generally hunted in C/J mode almost all the time. As Nany said I also ran my gain around 8 and used just enough discrimination to knock out a nail. I ground balanced and then "locked" the GB by putting the toggle in the lock position. I never ran my machine in "auto track" Then just do nice slow and methodical sweeps. If something is there, the MXT will find it.

thanks we had a fun Hunt, First location was kinda of bust. Property has over grown to point that ya really could not swing a coil with out bumping vegetation/trees. Second location was awesome we found lot of wheats, I scored a 1800 PA rail road button with full shank. I also found pocket watch. Then the world came down..... we had wicked thunderstorms. Even got Tornado warning blasted over the radio. Our hunt was cut short to say the least.It was fun!

It sounds like you'll be going back there soon. Congratulations on the button and the old watch. We would love to see them. This year's thunderstorms and tornadoes seem to be more wicked. Be careful out there. HH, Nancy