Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with vintage white's coinmaster

I just got a white's coin master precious metal locator for 20 dlls and in really mint condition but I put new 9 volt batteries and it does not work. The needle moves but I don't get any sound when putting it close to metal. It is the model cm4 and from the 1970's. There was also something really cool in the box where the metal detector was encased, later found out that it is a pendulum for finding silver and gold. Do any of you guys know what could be wrong with it. I just wanted to try it. Thanks a lot and regards to all, all the way from south Texas, almost Mexico.

terry,

Assuming you've tuned it correctly, you might try plugging in a set of headphones to see if the headphone jack/speaker switch is dirty...(fairly common).

To verify the tuning setup, use the manual.
If you don't have it, the manual (in fact all White's manuals) can be downloaded for free here http://www.whiteselectronics.com/support/manuals
Older units are located toward the bottom of the page.

Otherwise, electronic components (especially electrolytic capacitors) can age/die and 40-45 years is pretty old for some components. :-/

good luck,
mike