Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help!

Lodihunter

Can someone steer me in the right direction of how to tell if this is a reproduction or authentic. Thank you.

Wow ! Show us a picture of the back side. Any markings on the reverse side? Take a picture of it next to a ruler. Also, tell us about the where you found it ; history etc. (not to give away your hunt site) .

reproduction using original dies, they have the straight pins verses the U shaped on the CW ones. you can see the difference between the one I dug and the one I bought

Huntcav - We ALL appreciate your help.

The top one you have shown in the pic is the one you bought and the bottom is the one you dug ... correct ? The difference is in the pins. Hard to tell otherwise. This is a good reminder to all relic collectors that there are many reproductions out there... some pretty good ones too. Regardless , this is still a cool find.

CCH

Such a disappointment... But, you are right. It is still a neat find. I can't get over how many reproductions are being sold on ebay as authentic. That's why I thought mine was legit. I suppose ebay isn't the best place to do research on items. :) Thank you for all of your help, everyone. I love this forum!!!