Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need ID help

Glen in Maine

I have attached a old crested button and an Indian Head that my hunting buddy found. The Indian head looks like 1853...we think!! Also the button looks old but have no idea what kind. It is solid metal (cast). Also I have attached 2 items of mine... the first is a cloth covered button with metal back and an eyelet and the other item is a old suspender clasp...I think. All these finds were found in a OLD park here in Skowhegan ME .. along side the Kennebec River. What makes this so interesting is that this is where Benedict Arnold and his soldiers had a camp over 200 years ago on there way to Quebec City during the Revolutionary war. Your help on any of theses items would deeply appreciated.

????????????????? Maybe it's a deformed 63..or 83

I copied the photo of the Indian into my photo editing software, enlarged it, and did a negative image of it. It definitely appears to say 1853, but Elton is correct, according to the price guides they didn't start making Injuns until 1859 .....odd :confused:

n/t

I don't think that first button is Revolutionary unfortunately, but still very interesting, & as Elton said the back may have more clues via a backmark or shank style....
HH,
Bill

The button is solid (cast) something... so it surely would not be revolutionary era. My buddy has it other wise I would photo and put on the reverse side.

n/t

The penny looks like 186?, possibly 1868 or 1863. I have an 1896 (not found by my detector sadly). The bottom curvature of the 3rd digit on your penny has the same as the 6 on mine. The top of it appears to be the same as a 6 also. The top of the 6's are very small and curves very close to the body of it, which is what this one looks like. If any of that makes any sense?
I also have an 1880 IH penny that I thought was an 1830, even with a 4x glass. When I put the 8x on it I could see that at the top and left of the 8, it was corroded just enough to look like a 3. Ill have to post it when I have more time, it's interesting looking. Sorry I'm long winded.

Randy