Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need info onGarett detector

ridgerunner

I recently came across a Garrett beach hunter AT3,Is this a good machine? how much is it worth in good condition? How old? Thanks for any help. Russ.

ridgerunner said:
I recently came across a Garrett beach hunter AT3,Is this a good machine? how much is it worth in good condition? How old? Thanks for any help. Russ.

AT3_P5284882_800.jpg
AT3_P5284882_801.jpg

AT3_P5284882_802.jpg

My later model AT4 did not like anything "salt" ...............like salt water, wet sand and wet seaweed,...................... in fresh water ok, otherwise it worked well.

ivanll

first made in 1985 and was mainly a beach hunter for gold rings

ridgerunner said:

Been hunting on and off with my AT4 since 1987 or so. Similar machine, much the same performance.

Nice twin discrimination controls. Left controls when the low tones kick in (Iron to pull tabs) Right controls when the high tones kick in (Pull tabs to silver.)
adjust lower to eliminate bottle caps. (They were made of steel back then), adjust the right to hit hard on a nickle, and go.

Does not like salt water, or wet salt beaches. It's fine in the dry sand.

Last one I saw sell went for $125.00 or so.

Don't expect it to still be waterproof. (Mine isn't). Pretty much the same guts as the Freedom 3.

If you go for this one, make sure it comes with a charger. (Special plug) and headphones (same thing)

Garrett no longer has ANY spare parts for this machine (I checked).

If you need a charger, I believe the AT Pro uses the same adapter fittings. (Different voltage, though)

You gotta love the catalog picture with this machine above that ivanll posted. What person ISN'T going to want to buy that machine after seeing a picture of it surrounding by thousands of dollars in coins, gold and relics?