Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Information About F75

jimz49

I'm new to the Fisher brand and need help understanding the different F75 models. I recently bought a CZ3D and am currently looking at the F75. My problem is I see different references used to describe the F75 (SE, LTD, LTD II, updated, not updated and just plain F75) and I can't get a clear picture of which is the latest, best or should be avoided.

I know the F75 is a single frequency and is a different ergonomic setup compared to a CZ3D. But compared to the CZ3D, what if anything, makes the F75 a better choice? If you had a nasa Tom tuned CZ would you trade it for an F75?

F-75 Original Black and Gold colored No Bp or cache mode

F75 SE Cameo colored Has Bp and cache modes
F-75 SE Limited edition ALL Black. with Bp and Cache modes. I read somewhere they only ran 500 of these to supply customer demand / True or not ??????????????

F75 LTD Black edition ...... All black rods has Bp and cache mode processing. Till March of this year could be upgraded to DST edition . As far as I know that program has been suspended.

Latest edition Some call it the LTD II Has DST, 9.0 and 9.1 processing modes with Bp and cache modes ..EMI Issues have been addressed to mostly eliminating that problem.

This may not be correct terminology on all units but it is very close to what is out there.

The big difference is between the original black and gold and the SE and camo units with Bp and Cache modes.

The next big step was the now released DST processing mode models with 9.0 and 9.1 FA processing operation settings

if your looking to buy a new or used f75 make sure its the ltd2 with the latest update the early updated models had some bugs the difference between the non updated 75s and the updated models is the dst and fa mode and more more tone options the dst makes a world of difference with emi, i think the latest update is 2-15-14 thats what mine is and i had it updated in feb the last month of the updates, how it compares to the cz3d i could not say ive never tried one im sure others you have had both will chime inn soon hh

I wouldn't trade my Tom tuned 1021 3d for a f-75ltd (non upgraded) or visa versa.....I would own both, which I do.

Even more confusing: my F-75 was bought new in 2007 and the box says "Special Edition" but the detector is just plain black and gold with winged "F" decals. Doesn't even have the model number on it anywhere.

It was sent back for the weatherproofing upgrade in 2010 or so.

Then sent back to upgrade to the F-75 LTD2 software in 2015.

I believe the best part of the new upgrade is the FA processing. You can hit coins in trash areas. You will be amazed of the fast processing of FA and the F75ltd2.

Okay, I'm still not sure whether the F75 trumps the CZ3D. I thought the CZ3D with dual frequency and fast processor would be the better of the two. The only drawback I can come up with for the CZ3D would be its weight. Is the F75 as deep as the CZ3D, or is it deeper? Here is what I thought the 3D does better than the F75. Tell me if I'm wrong.

1. Ignores iron better.
2. Finds more nickles.
3. Goes deeper or as deep.
4. Can be tuned by nasa Tom to get even more performance.
5. ID's deep targets better.

i'd like to buy an F75, but, not if doesn't perform as well or better than the 3D.

the cz3d being a multi freq would be better at the beaches also better at id ing deep silver the f75 is all around machine its even a very good gold prospecting machine and put the small 5 or 6 inch coil on it and its excellent in trashy areas and it can also be nasa tom tuned. it might be a good idea to go to his site and ask him those questions, gl

I don't believe Tom will 'tune' an F 75 - he will verify them however. I have the CZ 5 (very similar to the CZ 3D in size and function) and the F 75 LTD 2. The weight/balance of the F 75 is much better than the CZ, and you have better control of disc as well as a broader report via VDI vs meter. The CZ's also like deep nails quite a bit and report them as high tone. All that said, I really like the CZ 'report' - very direct response to a target whereas the F 75 can be a bit more ambiguous in its audio report. Can't say for sure, but believe the 2 are similar at depth.

Just my 2 cents -

I didn't realize the F75 could be nasa Tom tuned. I thought I read somewhere that he didn't do digital detectors.

Carvlin7, when you say Tom verifies the F75, what is it that he verifies? Is it the depth, calibration or something else? I don't understand the "benefit to cost" in having that done.

Jimz49 - I don't know the particulars, but assume that he will run it through the battery of tests that he uses to determine depth on other machines, then 'certifies' the depth and label the detector ala his CZ 3D tuning. IIf you PM him on his forum, he will usually respond very quickly. The benefit may just be in confidence of use or confidence of buyer in a resale. There have been variable reports of experience with some F 75s - especially through the upgrade.

thanks for correcting me Carvlin7 i just did some reading on toms site and you are correct he does not tune just verifies the f75 hh