Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need information to 1944quarter

We’re gonna need more information to what you speak of. Would you please upload a photo so we may have a visual?

Do you possess a cell phone?
Do you have a 1944 quarter that’s been double stamped? There are double die errors among other errors on the 44’ quarter. Is this what you speak of?

Last edited:
Do you possess a cell phone?
Do you have a 1944 quarter that’s been double stamped? There are double die errors among other errors on the 44’ quarter. Is this what you speak of?
I do have a cell phone with picture on it I am very stupid with modern tec. I can text them if I had a number it's not a mint mark issue the back of the coin is real strange I've never seen anything like it
if I had your number I could text to you my emale jarrow243@yahoo'com my phone (940) 391-3212

Last edited:
Jarrow sent me the photos of his 1944 quarter. Definitely something I have never seen on a coin. If anyone has an idea of what has happened to this quarter, Please post your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    573.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2733.jpeg
    IMG_2733.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 98
Heat would be a good guess or some kind of chemical , nitric acid?
I have a weird quarter that I found years and have never figured out how it came about. Pieces were about 3' apart

Attachments

• P9190004 (Medium).JPG
    P9190004 (Medium).JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 66
  • P9190005 (Medium).JPG
    P9190005 (Medium).JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 72
Heat would be a good guess or some kind of chemical , nitric acid?
I have a weird quarter that I found years and have never figured out how it came about. Pieces were about 3' apart
Maybe laser? There is tremendous precision in that cut.

Looking at the quarter front side has no damage while the back side I would think would look the same way, but it is black looking and dont have the shine to it and the damage it has. Silver should look the same and shine like silver. Now I feel that this quarter was in a fire as we have seen this with coins that were in the fire or a torch took to it on one side.
Thats my opinion as many of us have seen before.
The best way is to take it to a good coin dealer and have it looked at under his magnifying glass to see what he thinks as we all are wondering.