Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need new dive boots for my big feet: Your recomendations?

bob.oz

I've used the Neo Sport, hard sole, zippered short boot for 6 years https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/NeoSport-Wetsuits-5mm-Hard-Sole-Boot-Black/7489540/product.html , gone through 2 pair, averaged 3 years per pair. They always start to fall apart where the neopreme meets the hard rubber/soles. The soles never wear or crack even on my digging foot and I even walk the extra blocks for free parking in them, so they need to be comfortable out of the water too. I also put a gel sole in them and wear socks. Seems I remember the Neo Sports as being sold in a size 13 wide, but I have not found one yet. With my bad ankles I would go for a high top, I like these Scubapro ones .. http://www.leisurepro.com/p-scpbd510/scubapro-5mm-delta-boot-black2015-model-10?gclid=CNO7tOSk5tQCFdEDhgodaz4E8Q&kwid=productads-adid
Thanks for your input:|

Bob,
I was having problems with plantar fasciitis flair ups and changed pretty much all my foot wear over to ones with more cushion and better arch support. I've been using NRS ATB Wetshoes and have been very happy with them. Looks like they are available in full number sizes up to size 14. I do not see width options. I wear socks in them but no additional gel sole.
Cheers,
tvr

Mares hard bottom. Get a high MM like 6.5. They handle the pullling AND they dry faster so they dont smell like regular dive boots. The hard bottom handles the digging wear from the scoop. I went thru a pair of regular dive boots..... about every quarter. Now its about 2 or 3 years.

Dew

I have been using a pair of scuba pro boots for a about four years. During the heat of the summer I only detect the beach. Am there two to three times a week. After all that hard use they finally need to be replaced. the soles are fine but the neoprene has cracked at the back of the ankle letting the ocean deposit sand in them. . So another pair of them have been pressed into service.

Bob, I use boots from Bass Pro Shop called the sportsman. Really good zip up boot with support and a rubber reinforced toe cover to help with sting Rays. They last me about 2 years. I think they are around $30 or so. Just bought a pair last month online.

Ringnut said:
[attachment 348059 IMG_0327.PNG

Check that. They are called world wide sportsman.
Nice water boot, to bad they only come in a max size 13... way to small for my size 16 gunboats.:yikes:

Thanks for the replies, nothing on order yet. The ones I'm still wearing look like they went through a meat grinder!
>>>Hey Stan, guess I never took notice you now wear boots, lol.

Reluctantly. Knock on wood never been stung, but I got a bad shell cut about 4 years ago so booted up. I'm on my second pair of these. The last ones got shredded on an oyster bar looking for someone's ring.