Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some advice on the Diamond Head Scoop.

plugger

Anyone ever use this scoop? How about the 40" handle vs the 48" handle? Which is better for a six foot guy? Thanks, Plugger

48" handle is perfect, indestructible scoop. It's pretty heavy but after a while you adjust to the weight. You will not believe how solid it is until you see it.

I love mine. IT even has the stainless steel handle.ITs heavy alright but indestructable and IT cuts hard packed sand like butter.

Good choice, if you find its a bit too long you can always shorten it a tad, pleased with mine.(thanks to you)
the weight doesn't bother me as i drag it on a lanyard, keeps it away from the machie as in AM if its too close it will be detected.
Problem i'm having at moment is some sort of swivel fixing on the handle to stop the chord getting twisted, tried a few methods but still not hit on the perfect setup yet.

If you doo need to shorten it do it from the top as the lower end has an insert for strength, also that way you won't have to redrill holes, only reseal the handgrip

I have one with the smaller handle and it works great, It is my go to scoop when I dig in areas with lots of rocks and shells. For that work there is hardly any better. I do wish that Travis would come out with a bigger diameter bucket as due to the angled head of the scoop and its smaller size , you can sometimes take several scoops to find an item that you could have recovered in one with a larger bucket. Don't get me wrong the Nuttall scoop is one of the best you can buy for the money. I have just made this realization after using it for a couple of years and having had the opportunity to use other designs as well. If Travis does design a wider ,bigger bucket, I will be the first to buy one. I have three scoops now. The Nuttall Diamond head (with the short fiberglass handle), an RTG Aluminum sand scoop, and an all Stainless RTG Hercules. Out of all of them I have tried to use the Aluminum the most with weight as my biggest consideration (it also has a bigger bucket) but, it doesn't have a metal lip and without one it will fray over time. I do think my next purchase maybe a large aluminum scoop with a metal lip. The Hercules is an awesome water scoop. It makes a two and a half scooper a one scoop, and it has the weight to hold you in place while your up to your neck digging. The only problem is carrying it around. Damn thing will break your clavicle...lol

Hahaha stupid auto scramble, scrambled my abbreviation for Reilly's Treasured Gold. Hey Achtung Findsmall advertising henchmen! Your editing out a sponsors name. Classic

They make all sizes of "snap" hooks with swivel eyes on them. Any place that sells keys should have them. I think I have a couple too, somewhere.

I emailed Travis a few weeks ago about purchasing just the bucket with no handle. Reason, I would like to add a stainless steel handle w/spring push button take down for travel.

BCOOP

The actual swivel hook is not the problem, the problem is attaching it to the shaft, my stainless shaft one i made has an eye welded in the end and the swivel is conected to that but on the fiber shaft i didn't want to remove the grip to put anything in the end as its sealed to help floatation. drilling any fixing would also allow water in air out of shaft. i have tried a few methods to some success but they all end up wrapping round the shaft eventually, necesity is the mother of invention, i 'll get there eventually:biggrin: