Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED SOME ADVICE-SE

curtis n

Okay i have had my SE 5 weeks now -found the 1920 walker half 1st time out and a small silver ring ,
nothing since and i know the places are not hunted out. I am finding lots of clad ouarters and dimes .
I get ferr3--cond28 on the dimes -quarters-ferr oo-cond 29 and ferr7-cond29,ON THE QUARTERS
nickels are hitting ferr 9-10---cond 6-8----also i get a lot of ferr 7-cond 25,READING ?
Usually run in digital and jump back and forth to smartfind--also have been getting a lot of reading that are hanging
on the screen -sometimes having to turn off and start again -can anyone advise on this and the numbers i am getting .
WHEN SHOWING A DIME OR QUARTER I GET A LOT OF FERR 00 AND COND 28-29-WHICH ALWAYS TURNS OUT
TO CLAD
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
CURT
ALSO HAVE AT LEAST 100HRS IN

Hey Curtis --

What's up?

A few things. Ferr 07 Cond 25 is almost always a zinc penny; 03 28 on a dime is right; 04 28 on a copper penny; 03 29 or so is a silver dime. 00 29 is a quarter -- like you said.

Readings hanging on the screen will occur when your threshold is "nulling." Are you running your threshold barely audible? If so, then any time you run over a discriminated target, your threshold "nulls" (goes silent), telling you your machine is seeing a target, but it is one you have chosen to discriminate. Your screen will NOT update -- but will hang onto the last reading -- until your threshold "returns" (becomes audible) again, and THAT will not occur (threshold "returning") until your coil is not sensing any discriminated targets. This is something you will need to get used to (in terms of how the machine works, threshold, nulling, discrimination, etc.)

If you run over a nail, and you have iron discriminated, your machine will "null" the threshold for a second or two. If, however, you are having EXCESSIVE nulling, then you are in places with alot of junk (junk that you have set your machine to discriminate). One solution is, especially if the "junk" is iron, to turn down sensitivity; another is to use a smaller coil. In any case, these are just quirks you need to learn about these machines.

We still need to get together for a hunt, and I can show you a few things. Are you available during the morning any day later this week? We can hook up for a hunt, and I can hopefully help you a bit...

Steve

Friends thats what its all about, I have a SE on the way can i be your friend to!!!!!!!! Mickfin

Thanks Steve im in Central Ca , ill need some couseling on the PMs, Mickfin