Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need some education plz f75 andT2?????

Ok I am alittle confused with all the different variants of this machine. F75 then f75 ltd f75 DST SE ,now f75+..... Same goes for all the Tecnetics T2 -T2 spl DST. etc etc....

The price difference is also confusing. I hunt old Farms cellar holes in Mid Atlantic areas coin shooting with light relics. Some one have a chart or flash cards lol

Koz

I think I saw one once, lol. And you’re right that the price is confusing.

You have to break it down by features. Digital Shielding Technology (DST), Boost process, and Cache Process I believe. F75 and T2 are very similar, F75 slightly leaning more towards coins/general purpose and T2 more towards relics.

Best Buy right now in my opinion is the F75+. It has all the features/processes at a cheaper price than the F75 Limited/Special Edition or whatever they’re calling their top F75 now. Same detector just different skin, and more warranty with 2 year transferable warranty extra and basically a free pointer. T2+ I think is missing the Cache process but I’ve never heard of anyone using it really. F75 has backlight and saves settings when you turn it off, T2 doesn’t. T2 has a greater iron range so the tot lot/ ring guys tend to prefer that. My F75 is a ring magnet, my Detecting club calls me “Lord of the Rings” because of how many I’m plugging on the finds board. They just have a different sound to the tone than foil, crisp and clear with no grunts.

why would the tot lot/ring guys prefer more iron range? the best way to hunt either would be with iron eliminated. where you might want to disc. out less iron would be in relic hunting.

Here is a cut and paste from an article I found on the net. Would post the link but not sure on the rules:

Fisher F75 vs F75 LTD vs Teknetics T2 vs T2 LTD

POSTED ON JUNE 28, 2013 BY MARC

How are these different and which one is for me?
Customers often ask us “what is the difference between the Teknetics T2, Teknetics T2 Ltd, Fisher F75 and Fisher F75 Ltd. – and which one is better?”

Fisher F75 vs Teknetics T2

It seems as though everyone you talk to and every other forum post you read has a difference of opinion, when trying to answer this question.

You can quickly find yourself sinking deeper and deeper into a quicksand pit of confusion and frustration.

The truth is, everyone will have a different experience using a machine based on things like their location, type of hunting, machine settings, etc.

So it’s much easier to discuss the facts and look at the features of these machines rather than jump into the deep end of the pool of conjecture and opinion. As Joe Friday said “Just the Fact’s ma’am”

Before diving in and in the interest of full disclosure, the Fisher and Teknetics brands are both owned by ‘First Texas’.

Now we can dive in.

Teknetics T2 Standard
Let’s start with the easiest one – the standard T2. Simply put, this machine is no longer in production in the U.S market. It has been replaced by the T2 LTD.

Now let’s take a look at the Fisher F75.

Fisher F75 vs. F75Ltd.
The main difference between the F75 and the F75 Ltd is that the F75 Ltd comes with a faster processor allowing the Ltd to have a “boost process” and “cache locating process” which you will not find on the F75.

What does this mean?

Boost Process is an enhanced sensitivity mode, useful when hunting regular-sized deep targets (like coins) or on a site where vegetation or terrain require you to raise your coil several inches above the ground.
Cache Locating Process is an enhanced sensitivity, slow speed mode, useful in locating large deep objects, while sweeping the search coil several inches above the ground.
Now let’s compare the F75 LTD to the T2 LTD.

Fisher F75 Ltd. Vs. T2Ltd.
The F75 Ltd saves all settings even after the power is turned off, while the T2 Ltd will not.
The F75 Ltd has 3 search modes Static All Metals, Motion All Metals, and Discrimination; while the T2 Ltd has 2 search modes All Metal and Discrimination.
The F75 Ltd has a confidence bar; 6 segment graph that indicates how confident the detector is of the assigned 2 digit identification number.
The T2 Ltd’s discrimination is adjustable from 0 to 80, while the F75 Ltd’s discrimination is adjustable from 0 to 65.
The T2 Ltd has an expanded iron range from 0-39 (desirable amongst relic hunters), while the F75 Ltd’s iron range is 4-12.
The T2 Ltd has an adjustable pinpoint sensitivity mode whereas the F75 Ltd does not.
When the feature comparison doesn’t get the job done and all else has failed, forcing me to cannonball into the deep end of conjecture and opinion about the F75 Ltd and T2 Ltd, I cling to a life ring tossed into the pool by Fisher and Teknetics Lead Engineer Dave Johnson.

Why? Because Johnson knows best, after all, he created ALL of these machines.

Dave Johnson First Texas Metal Detectors
Dave Johnson Chief Designer: Bounty Hunter, Teknetics, and Fisher brand metal detectors.
“Despite their obvious similarities, the T2 Ltd and F75 Ltd have rather different “front end” circuits.” Says Johnson.

“The F75 Ltd is slightly hotter in an air test with no electrical interference, but by a small enough margin that it’s hard to prove that margin actually exists under actual field conditions.” Continues Johnson.

When it comes to which machine is deeper Johnson explains that it “is a function not just of the electronics, but also how you set up and use the machine under what conditions.”

It’s not possible to set up the T2 Ltd and F75 Ltd exactly the same in discrimination mode, because of differences in scaling.

“In the hands of some users under some conditions those differences would give a slight advantage to the T2 Ltd on low conductors.” Said Johnson

Thankfully Johnson simplifies the discussion by adding “Both machines are general purpose machines, but between the two, in the hands of most users the T2 Ltd will be slightly better for relic hunting and gold prospecting whereas the F75 Ltd will be slightly better for coin shooting.”

For the vast majority of us it boils down to what types of hunting we plan on doing.

If you plan on Relic hunting or Gold Prospecting then it seems as though the T2 Ltd would be your best choice.

Conversely, if you plan on mostly coin shooting then it would seem that the F75 or F75 Ltd would be your best choice.

chuck said:
why would the tot lot/ring guys prefer more iron range? the best way to hunt either would be with iron eliminated. where you might want to disc. out less iron would be in relic hunting.

No idea, just have seen it repeated several times. Something about the 1-39 iron range of the T2 lending itself better to finding gold in disc mode. Maybe because it crunches the gold in a tighter set of VDI? Even the Fisher engineer has said the T2 favors gold prospecting over the F75, but in ignorant as to the reasoning why and I don't recall seeing Dave J. From Fisher explain that statement.

They are very similar but they are not the same. The T2 came first and the F75 later. The differences however are more on the coin detecting side than the nugget detecting side of things as the all metal modes are near identical. The short answer is I think I could find gold just as well with either model.

The biggest difference from a practical perspective is the T2 can only use DD coils.The F75 can also employ concentric coils so it has a few more coil options. For instance, the F75 can use the small 4" x 6" elliptical concentric that looks identical to that used on the Gold Bug 2. That coil will not work on the T2.

On the discriminate side the T2 has an expanded iron range which relic hunters prefer. The iron range is from 0 - 39 on the T2 and 0 - 15 on the F75. This could be of slight advantage towards T2 if hunting gold in disc modes in trashy locations.

The F75 saves settings when turned off, T2 does not. F75 has a backlight, T2 does not.

Still, at the end of the day if I had to buy a T2 base model versus the F75 base model strictly for gold detecting I would probably go T2 because it costs less and I am confidant I could find gold as well with either. It is only because I value some of the other non-gold nugget features that I have always leaned F75 personally.

Best bet is to study the owners manuals

T2 Base Model https://www.metaldetector.com/media/_docs/Manual/EN/Teknetics_T2.pdf

F75 Base Model http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/F75%20Regular)%20REV%203%2004.01.13%20-%20Reader%20LR.pdf

I have done very well with the F75SE which in theory has a tiny edge in all metal boost mode over the basic models that lack the boost mode, but like everything metal detecting it is a minimal edge. http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/finds-Steve-Herschbach.htm

I will close with a warning though. The T2 was one of the first detectors used in Africa to find gold and early on the locals thought it was the only detector that could find gold. As a result it became hugely popular. Not because it really is that superb but just because it caught on first. These days I believe it has largely been supplanted by the Gold Bug Pro in Africa as the locals finally figured out the GBP can hit smaller gold than the T2 or F75 while doing just as well on the larger stuff.

Dave J.
Despite their obvious similarities, the T2 and F75 have rather different "front end" circuits.

The F75 is slightly hotter in an air test with no electrical interference, but by a small enough margin that it's hard to prove that margin actually exists under actual field conditions. "Deeper" is a function not just of the electronics, but also how you set up and use the machine under what conditions. Because of differences in scaling, it is not possible to set up a T2 and F75 "exactly the same" in discrimination mode, and in the hands of some users under some conditions those differences would give a slight advantage to the T2 on low conductors.

To simplify all that: both machines are general purpose machines, but between the two, in the hands of most users the T2 will be slightly better for relic hunting and gold prospecting whereas the F75 will be slightly better for coinshooting. That's the basic idea and there's no need to get lost in the details.

(I've heard that under some conditions involving rust the T2 is little affected, the F75 is more adversely affected in seeing through the masking.)