Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED some feed back on the X-Terra pro

I ordered a x-terra-pro , if you guys have already used this detector what was your BEST set up to start off on most sights?Appreciate your feedback.
:).cjm

Attachments

• xterra-screen-768x564 x-terra pro.jpg
    xterra-screen-768x564 x-terra pro.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 50
Charge the detector when you get it assembled. Then do as the brief intro manual (I think one comes in the box) suggests for starting out and learning to use this detector. Start in Park 1, do a noise cancel and go. Park 1 default settings are set up to get you started without a lot of confusion. In fact a lot of Equinox and XTP users pretty much stay in Park 1. If you start out by fooling around with the various settings you will soon get lost and confused. Start simple. Learn. If you want to learn more about all the settings you can download the full manual from the Minelab web site.

Charge the detector when you get it assembled. Then do as the brief intro manual (I think one comes in the box) suggests for starting out and learning to use this detector. Start in Park 1, do a noise cancel and go. Park 1 default settings are set up to get you started without a lot of confusion. In fact a lot of Equinox and XTP users pretty much stay in Park 1. If you start out by fooling around with the various settings you will soon get lost and confused. Start simple. Learn. If you want to learn more about all the settings you can download the full manual from the Minelab web site.
Well since I never heard this how & why the noise cancel? Is it like the old threshold that you could control on the old detectors?

Well since I never heard this how & why the noise cancel? Is it like the old threshold that you could control on the old detectors?
The two have nothing to do with each other.
Noise cancel = the machine searches for a channel nearest to the selected frequency that has the least EMI/harmonics that could interfere.

Threshold is still user determined on the Xterra Pro.

Would appreciate some feed back on this new x-terra pro detector.Can you use a smaller coil for this detector if so what size is it?Does M/L make another smaller coil for another model that might fit the Terra model?Thank you guys.
Good mercy the 12" x 9"coil is heavy has anyone done any good with it ?

Yes it is , it comes with a large coil . I am a coin shooter. The 7”x
10”X coil is a factory coil with a reasonable price. The coil tech coil is aftermarket and it cost as much as the detector does . As soon as the 7”x10” X coils are available I will get that set up. I don’t have the money to buy a coil tech coil . I need the Wireless headphones. Too bad you can’t order as to what you like at the beginning.
Man that 12 x 9 coil is huge,really need am 8"coil.They are not cheap :rolleyes:

I Like The Stock 12X9 Coil. For Pure Depth and Relic Hunting Cant be Beat. The most Important Ref keep X-Terra Stable is Learn all Advance Setting , I per only Hunting 2- Tones. The more Tones use in high trash sites you may miss good targets and also slow machines response To process Targets. Proper Sen Setting, Recovery Speed are biggest factors getting most Out X-Terra, Last Coil Sweep Speed in Important!

It has been doing good for me.
I love it!!
You should call the 12x9 the “Harvester”
Because I have seen all the coins
( especially quarters) you have harvested in a very short period of time!

Seen and heard many saying the I'd is crap. If interested I know a guy wanting to sell one cheap. He's near kc
How cheap? 🤔

I ordered a x-terra-pro , if you guys have already used this detector what was your BEST set up to start off on most sights?Appreciate your feedback.
:).cjm
Has anyone used the 5 frequency with any luck?Is this the deepest freq. for any deep relic hunting?What is your best all around mode & Freq. for all hunting?Thank you :thumbup:

Has anyone used the 5 frequency with any luck?Is this the deepest freq. for any deep relic hunting?What is your best all around mode & Freq. for all hunting?Thank you :thumbup:
I've found Beach 1 to be the most stable and deepest mode. Something special going on there!