Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Some Help Choosing

Bayoubug

Ok... So I have been a long time user of White's detectors. I started out with the XLT then moved up to the DFX. I've been very happy with the finds I've made, lots of gold with some silver in the mix along the way. I have been looking at the V3i and the E-trac as my next detector. Part of me wants to stay with what is familiar in the White's machine, then part of me wants to check out the E-Trac. I had an Excalibur several years back and liked it because it was easy to pick up on the target tonal ranges. I really like the varied tones based on conductivity. The one thing that concerns me about making the switch over is difference between White's VDI #'s and Minelab's target # system. It seems that both machines have similar adjustments that can be made to the detectors according to user needs. I do like the fact that I can load programs via USB on the E-trac! the V3i doesn't have this option. Whites uses 3 frequencies on the V3i, while Minelab say they have have many many more working on the E-trac.

So... What I would like is for those of you who use either of these machines to leave me your feedback experience using that machine along with maybe some pros and cons. I would greatly appreciate the help in selecting my new machine.

Thanks in advance and HH

n/t

Ive had both. I still have my v3i. The etrac had some very nice features but in my trashy areas I just cant dig the old rusty nails all day long. I needed more information with a greater degree of customization. The etrac was similar to running a single frequency 7.5 khz with the v3i.

Thats not to say the etrac is not a great machine, but my pinpoint button was starting to stick and it was going to cost nearly $800 for the repair once out of warranty. If my v3i ever dies "completely" I heard its under $200. Its up to you but I dont regret it a bit. The etrac did have some amazing depth at times.

If you are good with your DFX and there is nothing wrong with it I would stay with that. The DFX is no slouch and can hang with the best of them.

I appreciate the responses so far... They are very helpful... I'm not trying to start loyalty dispute here... I'm just trying to get the best information on both sides of the coin. I've been watching some of the youtube videos out there for both machines and they have been helpful. Thanks for the feedback so far... Please keep it coming... Thanks again in advance

I tried several but most are exactly the same thing just deferent brands. I also tried coils deferent of sizes and they are about the same. You need to think what kind of targets you want to find and choose the detector and coil for the purpose, what ever you buy you need to learn it in other words gain experience with it and then you will be able to get the best from it. Deferent brands have their own sounds tones and and behavior but according me is a little deference from each other. So it counts where you can compromise and feel comfort with it. Hope this helps.

Bayoubug said:
Ok... So I have been a long time user of White's detectors. I started out with the XLT then moved up to the DFX. I've been very happy with the finds I've made, lots of gold with some silver in the mix along the way. I have been looking at the V3i and the E-trac as my next detector. Part of me wants to stay with what is familiar in the White's machine, then part of me wants to check out the E-Trac. I had an Excalibur several years back and liked it because it was easy to pick up on the target tonal ranges. I really like the varied tones based on conductivity. The one thing that concerns me about making the switch over is difference between White's VDI #'s and Minelab's target # system. It seems that both machines have similar adjustments that can be made to the detectors according to user needs. I do like the fact that I can load programs via USB on the E-trac! the V3i doesn't have this option. Whites uses 3 frequencies on the V3i, while Minelab say they have have many many more working on the E-trac.

So... What I would like is for those of you who use either of these machines to leave me your feedback experience using that machine along with maybe some pros and cons. I would greatly appreciate the help in selecting my new machine.

Thanks in advance and HH

They both have their strong points. I like having the USB connectable option but then I dont really use it. Whites use to have that option but chose to delete it as "most" users thought that they would not really use it. By having programs like that....you can limit yourself on what you find. Yes, it is helpful if your looking for a particular item but I choose to use my personal "processor" to decide on what Im going to dig...or not. I would have missed many good items by using some particular pattern/programs.

Etrac a bit stronger on silver and v3i.....a bit stronger on gold. I have also said there should be a hybrid....half Etrac and half V3i.....the ctx comes closest to that.

Whites never had the USB connection. The older V3 and Vison models could communicate between detectors at close range. It was deleted has it didn't have much use.

On this forum you will get a biased option toward the V3i. After all that's what we use.

Some people tend to be biased towards any detector but...then theres some that tell it like it is. I like that opinion better.

All I was referring to was you would get a different suggestion on the Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum. Why? :confused:
I don't like to suggest what to buy and do better answering V3i questions. Have fun.:devil:

I'm checking the mail for my TRX. I'll show you what it does and I still won't tell you to buy it. That's up to you.

PEACE. :surrender: :surrender:

You are right Whites did not have a USB connection.....I should have said "wireless" connection.

The above comment was not in reference to you....just a general comment.

People should be candid about their experience and knowledge of an item. No one company makes everything good.