Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some help...detectors with Tone ID

WessThompson

Hi folks. I currently use a Mielab Explorer, and I love the tone ID it offers. I am under the impression that no other detector out there offers such an extensive tone ID...although I could be wrong.

I'm not a fan of the 4 tone machines I have tried.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions as to a machine that offers a quality tone ID?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Wess

I hear that the Whites DFX has even more tones than the 'Ploder. The Tesoro Golden Umax is supposed to pretty good, even though it only has 4 tones. Supposed to excel in trashy sites. ..Willy.

The DFX does offer everything I would want in a detector as far as options go. Although, it weighs quite a bit. Can't have everything though...and I am sure it doesn't weight what my explorer does *hah*

Actually Wess,you can swing it all day without a problem.The arm band takes all the weight off the DFX.Only time it started to wear on me was when I had the 14"coil on it.Even then it wasn't bad,but I was in a field with no signals and swinging non stop for two to three hours,My arm did start to get a little sore.

shorten the fiber rod by a few inches and dril 2 new holes for the spring clip. I'm 6'1" and find that the whole setup is too long, forcing me to bend my arm, even when the rod is shortened to the last hole. Crooking the arm is what really fatigues a person. Shortening it allows the arm to hang straight. ..Willy.

The Golden quacks just fine :clap:

Actually the Golden has some very good tones. Much easier to keep up with than the DFX. Much less to fatiquing to listen to, too.

Very informative with a good set of headphones and my number uno favorito.

:detecting:

I'm only 5'10" and hunt with the rod fully extended.If anything,I wish it were longer.If I shortened it to last hole,i'd have to bend over to swing.

Unless, for some reason, I've been given the "tall man" rods. I notice that my arm has to be crooked in order to swing the coil just above the ground; this with the rod set all the way in to the last hole. The lower rods I have are about 23" long. ..Willy.

Chuck...No Joke. My CoinStrike in the All metal mode has that Light Saber "hum" around the edges. Pretty cool. Good headphones really bring it out. :starwars:

Maybe you do have a tall man rod.I'll have to measure mine when I get a chance.I wish mine were a few inches longer.Even when I take it up one hole its not comfortable to swing.I'm swinging right around my feet.

This is the 2nd C$ i've owned. I didn't like the 1st one, so I gave it a week and sold it. I see now, that there was much more to learn, than I realized! I've worked with it for about 5 hours now and can't say as I am in tune with this thing yet?
This whole thing about the threshold settings [odd ones] and so far, I haven't felt like I have achieved a proper GB. Just as I start getting a bit of a feel for it, I realize i'm not! :)
HELP!!! This thing is almost as hard to learn as an Explorer or DFX! :)
Not really, but it is still confusing me! ???

I think its the best by FAR . It really is superb and the best by far in my opinion. I have used hundreds of detectors and not one of them has the sweet fluty sound of the explorers exotic tone id.:shocked:

Heck the XLT gives tone ID for numbers -95 thru #95...I am very familiar with tone ID of Explorers and it works well but comparing 27 tones to 190 or so makes me wonder how accurate the Explorer users are when they say its the far superior...

The xlt's and dfx's tone range is much wider than the explorers.Its really not even close.I tried the explorer a few times and all the tones sounded very close to me.I did not like it at all.Dave