Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some help from those that sit their AT Pro back and have gotten them back

Chuck(NC)

Just want to see if anyone got the same coil back that They sent in with the unit. Here is my problem. The coil that they sit me back had wrench marks on the nut that tightens the coil cable to the instrument box. I don't think Garrett would have put a pair of pliers on the nut much less marking it up. I never used anything other than my fingers to tighten it. I feel that they sent me back a coil that someone else sit in and just because it works right don't make it right to send me back a marked up part. I am for sure going to call Garrett Monday on this matter. Just want to hear some thoughts on this. It is not that I am that pickie but when you buy something new it should be new and working. Thanks

Manual says handtight. If Garrett did more than handtight the connector it gets me to thinking handtight might not be quiet enough. But like I said I will call Garrett on this. I forgot to mention that the Pro works find. Just wondering on the tightness of the connector Thanks for all the replys

I was told that they have used pliers from time to time to connect it snug. If i were you i wouldnt worry about it. If the falsing issue was fixed then i would be happy myself. Marks on the connection should not be a problem. Sue told me that she has to use pliers sometimes having small fingers.

Well, I know for sure that they replaced my coil with a new one and it had no marks on the connector..If it works fine, I probably wouldn't worry about it either..I understand your train of thought but if the falsing is gone who cares.You won't see it when you are swingin it :detecting:and it won't hurt the value if you decide to sell it.They probably just snugged it up when they checked it....

Go out and find some good targets !!....You'll forget all about a couple of scratches !!.....Jim

Mine had plier marks around the tightening nut as well as the cable was nicked down next to the coil about an inch up, looks like it was pinched or something. I called to ask about it and was told to soak the coil in the tub or sink overnight and make sure the nick was under the water and then check it connected to the detector. If water was getting into the wires I was told it would act erratic like an overload or seriously bad EMI. Luckily after doing this test it was okay and only cosmetically marred.

Chuck when I got mine back from Garrett is had scratches on the bottom and top. It also had marks on the connector. The coil appeared to be used. I tried the coil and the machine was falsing. The machine is on it's way back to Garrett