Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Some Help With An Eagle II

jimz49

Recently bought an Eagle II blue box with the 950 coil. My issue is two fold. First the light didn't work and I went about trying to fix that. I disassembled the control head and saw where the 2 wire lead from the LED attached to the circuit board. I removed the plug from the board and was able to remove the light from the control head. My question is does anyone know if this LED light is available from any source? My second problem is in my effort to clean the inside of the control head box from years of dust I unplugged the main ribbon cable that leads back into the blue control box. Unfortunately I didn't pay as close attention to the orientation as I should have. The ribbon has the classic red lead on one of the outside edges. I thought it would be simple enough to put back together assuming the plug would only go one way. However I assumed incorrectly. So my next question is can anyone help with a pic or description of how the plug is oriented? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

One other question has to do with the plastic cover that fits over the LED light. Are they still available? I think the same cover was used on the next generation eagle sl's and s models.

I guess the obvious answer to my questions would be to call Whites. But it was to late last night to do that and I was hoping that someone here would know.

Jim, as you have done took it apart and can,t get it back. I would look for a nice use one, and save that one for parts. You can get a nice one for about what you will pay to have that one fixed, not that Whites is high but trying to find the parts you need. I see the blue box on the big board alot. If you want a nice black box " a newer one " you will pay more. Good Luck getting it fixed. Flintstone

I know what you're saying, but I'm not sure its ready for the parts pile just yet. The light and light cover are just cosmetic and not necessarily essential to the workings of the detector. Now the unplugged ribbon is another story. However, if I get it plugged back on to the board in the proper orientation, then the detector will work again as it did and should. Its not a big deal unless I plug it on wrong. Then I'm not sure what will happen. I'll call whites on Monday and hopefully get this resolved.