Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some input on a gold spiral wheel or the best way to get the Gold out of the Concentrates..

other than by panning...also I have seen a blue pan that sets level & spins & has a large hole in the middle...how well do these work ?....I am just looking for a faster & the best way to get my Gold out....Thanks....Tab..

The point to remember about any process is to classify down to as near the size your gold is;

that is if your gold is mostly smaller than ( for an example only ) 20 mesh then screen every

thing with that size first, check everything larger for oversize before discarding it as a stray

clay or mud covered nugget or specimen may have got by your first inspection.

As with any process, there is a learning curve to any you decide on; always rerun or pan check

what you process to see if your equipment is doing all it can and should do, leave nothing to chance.

I own and use two spiral wheels and have no complaints about them. A blue bowl will recover

finer size gold ( at the expense of speed and through put ). The Blue Bowl has no moving parts

it's recovering action is by spinning water around it's center post where the wheel has riffles that

trap the heavy's and carry them to the center and deposit them into a hole where they fall into

a recovery cup. The newer equipment known as a gold cube is a step up at LOTS more expense, but

works very fast and recovers down to -200 mesh when set up right. As with any thing there is no free

ride and you can't have everything at one time. Buy what you can afford and learn how to use it.

With gold wheels ifn' it ain't got a hole through the middle it ain't worth a diddle. Wheels are like all methods of recovery of gold just requires good methodology. Classify materials DRY to 1/8-1/4" run seperate.25mesh to 1/8". Then 50 minus. Run all sizes tilted back to get ALL the black sands/rocks,then tilt more vertical to recover the gold from the black sands/heavies. You have thusly classified by size and specific gravity and you will recover much more gold. Take your 50- leftovers and run through the blue bowl,move the valve at least a foot from the bowl,absolutely level,full to the brim for the righteous vortex(think toilet bowl swirl)introduce across from inlet wet with a big ol serving spoon slowly right up against the wall so feathering effect will work. Don't overload and watch for buildup around the cone as can slow down the swirl and slow up the op. Dump and repeat. I had a wet processing area in my store that had bowls,trommels,McCain,trommels, and every goldfarb known to man to use by anyone for free. Sure learned a lot for the cost of a little electricity as 10 a 1,000s a hours a usages and saw some wild and crazy goldfarbs for sure-John

You really should have several different ones; I very seldom use a 1/2": I have a 1/4, 1/8, and 30 Any of these would cover all but the very finest.

If you see that your catching smaller than that a 50 would be a good one to have. If you screen down to 30 or 50 to start with you make the job harder

due to all the over size its better to take the material down in steps. That's where the larger one can be of help, stack them in that order and don't over load

them and things will go much faster.

You also have to remember there cost; $ 20 + each don't take long to be on the north side of several tanks of gas. One thing you can do is take buckets

of unscreened material home to work on instead of spending all your "mining time" screening, just pick out the bigger ones or go to a builder supply or a

scrap yard and buy a two foot square of 2x2 welded wire mesh and make a 2x4 frame for it, set your buckets under it and let it handle your over size.

You have to learn to work smarter not harder. When you know your in the gold don't waste your time panning it there, start filling buckets, check maybe

every third one to see if your still in the gold and fill some more, you get the idea? Time is gold, don't waste it.

D-Tex...that Gold Cube looks good but would I still need something like the blue bowl to still get gold out of the Gold Cube's concentrates...I am new at this & need all the info I can get.....Thanks...Tab.

D-Tex said:
The point to remember about any process is to classify down to as near the size your gold is;

that is if your gold is mostly smaller than ( for an example only ) 20 mesh then screen every

thing with that size first, check everything larger for oversize before discarding it as a stray

clay or mud covered nugget or specimen may have got by your first inspection.

As with any process, there is a learning curve to any you decide on; always rerun or pan check

what you process to see if your equipment is doing all it can and should do, leave nothing to chance.

I own and use two spiral wheels and have no complaints about them. A blue bowl will recover

finer size gold ( at the expense of speed and through put ). The Blue Bowl has no moving parts

it's recovering action is by spinning water around it's center post where the wheel has riffles that

trap the heavy's and carry them to the center and deposit them into a hole where they fall into

a recovery cup. The newer equipment known as a gold cube is a step up at LOTS more expense, but

works very fast and recovers down to -200 mesh when set up right. As with any thing there is no free

ride and you can't have everything at one time. Buy what you can afford and learn how to use it.

The cube is designed as a stand alone unit, best recovery will be with material -1/8"

go to U=Tube channel and plug in "gold cube" and you can learn all about it.

go to ebay an look at the K-Grs- 1 I got one better than the gold wheel . Irun mine in worked out creeks you can get lots of gold with it that others run out of the dredges . with no miners moss. will take place of the wheel Ive run material though the wheel after kgrs1 and no gold in the wheel. Ozark

Get a magnet and pull out the magnetic black sands, they make it harder for the gold to settle. Also they take up a large portion of your cons.

I never liked the spiral wheels. They are too hard to set correctly. I prefer a micro sluice or similar.