Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need technical support on Exp XS

And if you don't like Kellyco I hear there is a place in the UK that does repair them.

Check my sticky at the top of the reg. Explorer Forum. Theres a link for MSR Detector repair out of the UK.
They service models as old as the XS too the SE.
The turn around time sending it across the pond might not be the fastest but, it beats having a broken machine.

treasure_hunter said:
Kellyco has a top of the line repair center and is authorized Minelab repair center for both warranty and non warranty work.

I think that Minelab US (and any of their official repair stations) no longer repair the XS model.

If anyone will repair the XS it would be the Kellyco center. Just because Minelab says they are no longer supporting a model doesn't necessarily mean they can't be repaired. With out knowing the issue I can't say 100% it can or can't be repaired, what I can say is it is well worth checking out. Minelab said they no longer support the Excalibur Sword models but Kellyco is still repairing them. The problem could be a bad diode or capacitor available anywhere...

I sent my Explorer 2 to Steve cox in England.. She's on her way back as we speak. The pushbutton card and the speaker were changed.He said they let it stay on 4 hours to make sure it was ok.. I'll let everyone know how it works when it's here..If it looks good ,my Explorer XS will be sent next...I just dont see how you can go wrong by getting them fixed., To replace them with something equal would be much more expensive.By the way.. The postage was $63.60 and the charge was $247.00. They pay the return postage..Paid thru PayPal..

A few months old but I'm going to say it's well worth the price to get it fixed. If you've had it awhile and know how it works and responds to targets,that's priceless. Great to know there's service out there somewhere!

Got my machine back and have excellent results..MSR is the way to go.. Minelab couldnt fix it as they have no more boards or face button cards..I'm assuming Kellyco is in the same condition as far as parts are concerned..My correspondance was with the people at the Lilse, Illinois branch..MSR has all the parts..And smarts to fix it...

Jeff In North Georgia said:
treasure_hunter said:
Kellyco has a top of the line repair center and is authorized Minelab repair center for both warranty and non warranty work.

I think that Minelab US (and any of their official repair stations) no longer repair the XS model.

Kellyco still does some repairs on the Explorer XS (if it isn't a bad motherboard) and the Explorer SE Pro is still supported by Minelab, some of the problems on the Explorer SE can be fixed with SE Pro parts as long as motherboard isn't completely bad..