Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need the likes and dislikes with the terra 705

BR549

Thinking bout picking a 705 up.
Am wondering the likes and dislikes ,or the good and bad,since no detector is perfect.
Thn
Thanks.

I have owned one for 15 months now,and I must admit it is the first detector I have had.It paid for itself within 6
months.Pretty hard to fault,maybe not so good in the wet salt sand,but sure makes up for it in the dry sand and on land
Very simple to operate (just the way I like it) and light to use.
I dont think you will be dissapointed in your choice........jim

Being that it is easy to learn,lightweight, and easy menu navigation makes it a keeper for me. The only thing I ever disliked about this model was that it kept tipping over. However, I fixed that with a different stand.

[size=medium]Hello friend, x-terra detector model 705 is easy to use and can hunt in all areas ..... the value for money is excellent ...... is a very stable machine and discriminates very well .. ... I recommend this machine you will not regret it that's for sure.
From Spain I send a greeting.
[/size]

Let's see..... what do I like about my 705? Pros..........lightweight, well balanced, excellent notch discrimination Patterns, very stable operation, manual/auto ground balance, tracking, beach tracking, Prospecting mode, Normal or Sizing Pinpoint, choice of one tone/two tone/three tone/four tone or 28 tone target ID, large easy to read display, 3 different frequencies (DD or Concentric) represented by 8 coil choices, auto Noise Cancel channels, backlight for those times when I'm not ready to go home yet, operates +/-40 hours on a set of four AA batteries. And, since it functions well in plowed farm fields, parks, yards, beaches and in the gold fields, it has to be the most versatile detector in the market place. Cons......? Guess I've not found any yet. JMHO HH Randy

Pros have been covered.

Cons, bad stand, tips over too easily and Needs a better stand.

Cons, the lower shaft dead-ends against the S-Bend too soon and sticks out way too far for me and Needs a straight non-metallic carbon fiber middle shaft. To both allow the lower shaft to go all the way up to make the machine shorter for transportation & storage, and also so that the coil does not have any chance to pick it up being non-metallic.

Needs a headphone extension cord plug-in underneath the armrest like is available in aftermarket.

Keeping the existing great TID scale. Needs, I wish it had a small 00-99 number screen added to it like the AT Pro has.

Needs, I wish the TID scale(and/or 00-99 numbers) showed up in the Prospecting Mode.

Needs one or two bigger coverage coils(10x18" DD or Concentric) available for it for large homesteads, farmers fields, and prospecting.

The TID is great. Whack it in ALL METAL and you can still see what type of target is under the coil. No need for discrimination really unless of course you don't want to hear the 'unwanted' beeps.

Pinpointing is terrific with the DD coil - if you use the pinpoint and pull back method (target is at nose of coil).

I can get good depth by maximising sensitivity at low mineralised ground. I get up to 29 / 30 of sensitivity.

Love it!

Snoopy

Yes for sure a bigger coil is Needed, not round but rather an elliptical 10"x18".

Needs a round 6" LF (3kHz) DD for separation in trash-multiple targets just like the existing HF one, but also the LF is better than the HF for silver and copper coin hunting, and the LF is better than the HF for Iron ID by audio tone-sound. Yes a HF is better on gold but a LF will still pick up gold rings just fine.

Needs better larger size Iron handling IMO because larger sized Iron pieces show up as good targets sometimes and needs to be resolved. The Garrett AT Pro seems to have some new Iron features like High-Resolution Iron Discrimination and Iron Audio: Advanced iron identfication with a 15 kHz machine, I am not sure how good it works? A 70/705 has some audio advantage with the 9" 3 kHz CC coil because a lower frequency handles Iron better.

For when you find a coin ...
It needs a button you push and the Xterra then sucks the coin (ring or whatever) up out of the ground and into you hand :bouncy:

Well...you asked :spin:

Happy tectin
T59

Pros: I'm new to detecting and in 6 months have found over 1200 coins and a small handful of rings.

Cons: Wow, that's a tough one. I think they could have done just a little better job with the keypad. I use an environmental cover and even with that on there I could see that some of the print was starting to wear off of the keypad in the first couple of months. It hasn't seemed to have gotten too much worse.

Wishlist: A clock on the display. Yes, I wear a watch and have a cell phone with me at all times but being that you spend a decent amount of time looking at the display, a clock would be a nice addition.