Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need the link for 2.0 to reinstall. thanks!

Terry

The link is already on your computer . . . simply start the update application on your PC and connect the USB cable when prompted to. Then when the menu opens, select V2.0 from the drop down menu and follow the prompts - it wiil reactivate the V2.0 file whic is actually stored on the Deus . . . . under 2 minutes to revert back to V2.0

Andy

Is there a link on XP's website?

Terry(Mi) said:
I prefer the tonal qualities of 2.0.

I as well, the tones take more time to learn but in my opinion once you do there is a lot more info in them as far as target I D.

The V2.0 software is in fact not removed from teh detector when yuo update teh software to V3.0 / V3/1. When you select the V2.0 from teh drop down, it simply reactivates that and places the V3.0 / V3.1 in "hibernation". If you have installled the new version, reverting to the V2.0 is simply a matter of restarting the application on the PC and following the prompts - nothing to download and install again

Andy

As much as I really like V3.1 I am struggling with my Deus on simple dry sand hunting.

I had V2 down pat and was very confident on coins very little falsing and I understood the sounds well. With V3.1 my confidence level has gone way down. On pocket spills as I clean out an area ...it seems to be cleaned out completely...and then double checking ...a tiny sound and there's another coin. This has happened way too many times to attribute to a faulty technique on my part. I'm using the DRY BEACH program and also the GM POWER.

I have yet to concentrate on the Full Tones feature and maybe that is a good place to try?

Regards, Joe (California)

PS: V3.0 had me really bamboozeled and I am very happy the V3.1 came out!

It is at the printer as we speak . . . . I know this is the daily routine for some :)

Andy

not to beat the dead horse ... but if you offered it as an ebook, money would already be flowing into your paypal account. [g] and we could have it on our iphones to take with us rather than hauling around a heavy batch of dead trees if we needed a ref in the field.

seriously, i just bought an ebook that has as limited an audience as this one, for a single, specific ham radio model. the author asked for your ham call sign (which is unique) and while i can't find any traces of evil drm on the file i'm pretty sure that he embeds that callsign into the .pdf so that he can track who shares it if an incident comes to his attention.

drm can (and should) be worked around, not propagated. in the immortal words of some ex-president regarding the ex-soviet union: "trust ... but verify".

ps: be happy to provide his email address if you wish to ask him how he handles ebook sales.

/guy

gteague said:
[del] drm can (and should) be worked around, not propagated. in the immortal words of some ex-president regarding the ex-soviet union: "trust ... but verify". [del]

if you read both the sentences above it's very clear that i'm advocating that the publishers (not the users) of digital material work around drm, hence the 'trust ... but verify' phrase.

---the below section does not apply to your book at all. it's a digression--
i in no way encourages the end user to work around drm (hence, the '... not propagated' phrase)--and end users can hardly 'propagate' the drm in any case--most just wish it gone, but i make no apologies to being sympathetic to those who are not getting their money's worth by not being able to consume a purchased product as they wish. i admit to 'working around' drm in those few cases where i can't buy the flexibility to consume the product at any price. basically (and this fully applies to computer software) it's the mindset of the publisher wanting you to 'rent' the product instead of you owning the product. look at what adobe has just done--you can no longer 'own' photoshop (not that you really did before), now you can only rent access to it. i hope they fail miserably like lotus123 did decades ago when they decided you had to plug in a hardware dongle to use their program. they haven't been heard from since.
--------

of course, not a jot or tittle of this applies to a physical book. it is what you get in your mail slot to do with as you like. well except for scanning or copying, but who's going to spend 15 hours to save $15? i was just wishing for a portable format considering it is a work that some would need to consult in the field rather than at home on a desk. if both formats were offered i'd be much more than willing to purchase both. for example, dvd publishers have come around to furnishing digital copies with the dvds, and that's a step forward. at least some consumers are being heard.

/guy