Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need the Skinny on Florida Panhandle Beaches

otlew

We have a family trip planned to the panhandle, probably Pensacola or further east. Just wondering what the rules and regulations are for hunting the beaches in the Florida Panhandle. Maybe some guidance on the beaches in that area. I will only be there a couple of days so I want to use my time wisely. Any advice would be appreciated.

Otlew,

I recently came thru that area and was gona stop at panama beach...but it was biker week..so me and the missus kept going. We stopped and tried my luck in the Orange beach alabama area..with little luck...heavy waves and not much of a slow sloping beach..so ya got beat up.

I am pretty sure you can pretty well detect the beaches..if unsure ask the lifeguards if they are available.

My best advice is just get out there and detect all ya can, water, wet sand, dry sand. When you hit the heavy stuff slow down and work that area.

Good luck!

Ksabubba

I was at Gulf Shores Alabama last Saturday and the beach was pretty well sanded in.....but the water was clear and nice to be in....found a pocket full of coins but no gold or silver on that day....like ksabubba said, just get out there and start swinging...

never had anyone tell me to leave the beach, but all the bikini's will disrupt you mding...

Good Luck,

eek

Thanks guys,

It is a while before we go, so with the Sandy hurricane, who knows what might happen.

I live in Panama City Beach and you can detect anywhere it's public, which is almost all of the 30 some miles around here. Also you can detect the beaches only in the State Parks, such as St Andrews State Park. No at Tyndal AF Base. There are 2 piers here that have alot of activity also. Just be sure you park "legally" and not along someone's place, condo or whatever, but, that is pretty easy to tell. Plenty of public access points along the many miles of beach. Feel free to contact me if you come to this area and if you wish will hunt with you. Happy Hunting.

Ron

Thanks for all the good info, and a special thanks to you Ron. I will send you a PM when the time I'll be there get closer.