Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need to Call Makro re problem

I have emailed Makro on 2 separate occasions about an overload problem with the 11" DD stock coil. This only occurs in 2-tone, not 3-tone.

So far, they have not responded to either of my emails (I used the email address from the Makro website, and for the first email I sent it directly from their site; the second one from my personal email acct.).

For those who have called Makro, did you dial the international phone number, or is there a US phone number that I can call? I prefer to call the US number, if they have one.

Thanks

If you haven't tried this already, take the coil cover off and see what happens. Mine had a small amount of dirt between the coil and cover causing an overload on anything above 39 gain. Also double check the coil connection. My coil still seems a little touchy but I'm using it for now. If it keeps acting up I'll get another coil.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't use a coil cover, so that's not the problem.

I'll check my connections, but don't think they're a problem, either.

I still need a US phone number for Makro, if they have one.

Brierfield said:
Thanks for the replies.

I don't use a coil cover, so that's not the problem.

I'll check my connections, but don't think they're a problem, either.

I still need a US phone number for Makro, if they have one.

You can contact the distributor - www.metaldetector.com

So now my coil has gone terminal. Overloads on 40 gain and above constantly. Contacted Dilek and she sent me to the right place at Makro. They requested a video of the problem which I just sent them. We'll see what happens next.

Well that was quick. Got an e-mail from Makro, they're sending a new coil. No need to call Metaldetector.com. Thanks Makro.

Does overload mean constant chatter?

I've had mine for 1 day and even with gain at 10 or 90 it chatters like crazy.

Matt

call the store you got the unit for and have them contact them

staffydog33 said:

Matt

Overload and chatter different.

Take a horseshoe and run your coil down close to it.----- the sound you hear is overload.

staffydog33 said:

Matt
Sounds like EMI to me although the machine will see a lot of other stuff in the ground your other machines won't. That could be what you are hearing.