Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Your Help!!

Lightstryder

I started a thread on the Sun-Ray Forum to prove to Ralph that we Tesoro owners would like to see probes made for our machines. There has been interest in the past, but no one has taken the time to show Ralph hard numbers. Please guys if you are with me and would like to see Sun-Ray make a probe for Tesoro, then take a minute and go respond to my thread. He just wants to see hard numbers before he invests his money in the R&D. Thanks guys!

Oh btw it is titled " In-Line Probe For Tesoro - Show of Interest"

Well, I see that two people have responded to my thread in the Sun-Ray forum, thank you. Let's keep it going, even if you personally don't want one of the probes now, you may in the future. All I ask is that you consider helping those that do want one, help us convince Sun-Ray Electronics that this would be a good thing for them. Thanks again.

What are the advantages of a Sun-Ray probe over a hand held unit? Doesn't having a probe attached to the machine weigh it down?

I honestly don't know anything about Sun-Ray probes.

Hey there Dan, I like the Sun-Ray because it sounds off through my headphones and also uses whatever mode your machine is running at the time and it doesn't require batteries! It is basically another coil. Yes it does weight extra but for me personally its advantages far outweight (no pun intended) the disadvantage of extra weight. Also it is attached to your machine so you can't accidentally leave it somewhere.
Thanks for the question Dan!

I have a call in to Ralph, hopefully he will get back to me soon. I thought the response to this idea would have been more popular but I'm surprised to see that there has been a lot of people looking at the thread but very few responses.

Okay, just got off the phone with Ralph from Sun-Ray, what a nice guy. We talked about what it would take to get the Tesoro probes into R&D. If we could get ONLY 100 people per model to say "Yes I would buy one!" Then it would prove to Ralph that it would be worth his time and money to develop the probes for Tesoro. I know there are a lot of people out there who, like me, would buy a Sun-Ray probe in a heartbeat if they were available. After speaking with Ralph, he opened my eyes to what it takes for the R&D of these probes, trust me it is quite extensive and very expensive for him to commit. Tesoro is a great detector line, it seems that most people who have them, love them and keep them for a very long time, and why not, they are affordable and very dependable. So with that idea comes the idea of investing in a probe that doesn't require batteries, works seamlessly in whatever mode your detector is in, (i.e. all-metal, disc, pinpoint, etc.) and lets you listen through your headphones, not to mention the fact that it stays attached to your detector so you won't leave it somewhere when you run off to tell your buddies about the huge gold ring you just found! 100 people may seem like a lot at first, but when you think about it, it isn't that many, and when you consider the advantages that these probes offer, the price is justified. It will pay for itself in battery savings alone in a very short time.

So when he says 100 people per model does that mean the probe cant be used on another tesoro, it can only be used on one model it was built for? I like the idea of the sun probe but not really if it only works on one tesoro model only.

Yes, that's my hesitation too. I have 4 Tesoro models, and I alternate between them all the time. Which one would get the probe???

I don't want to mislead anyone. I am no engineer, but I believe what Ralph was trying to tell me is that he would have to build a probe that was compatible with each "type" of coil connector, not model. So far I believe Tesoro only uses two types, "Delta" and "Epsilon". I will contact Ralph again and verify this information. Keep you posted.