Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Needed a M 7.5 coil for the X30, bought a 505:cool:

bob.oz

Added a XT505 to my collection today, it came up for sale on a FB, buy and sell page for $250..... I got it for $175. It's 3 or 4 years old and as the seller said, looks to have been used a couple of times before being buried away in the closet, no scratches, scuffs, smudges or wear at all!
My first X30/7.5kHz CS was bought in 2006 and then I went to a XT705/ HF Elliptical in 2012. The 7.5 coil recently broke an ear so I was looking for another and the 505 comes with one, so this was a very good deal considering the cost of a new coil....... also thinking in advance since I use my 705 99% of the time on the beach and with my factory warranty along with my 2 year extended warranty being done, I needed a backup for when that salt air takes its toll. I did have to send the 705 into Kco a couple years ago for the function buttons not responding and tracking not working at all, I got it back in less than two weeks with all new face plate/buttons and everything working like new. GL ALL

Xterra 505 metal detector used 4 times
$250
St Petersburg, FL
Great condition and barely used

Nice pickup Bob. Can you give your opinion on any depth differences between the 505 and 705 once you get some time in on it?
I suspect there the same, just features are different.

Congrats on the good find. I was fortunate last year to purchase a new 505 with full warranty for basically the same price of the coil as well. I didn't have the 9" mid freq for my 705 so it was like getting a new detector for free. The 2 detectors work out great for traveling when space is limited. I take the 705 as a complete unit with coil of choice. Also, take along the control box of the 505 with an additional coil which is usually the 6" HF. That way I have a compatible back up unit with an extra set of batteries. Only basic difference I find between the two is in the features.