Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Needing some help on the ID of this piece.

Confetrit

I am by no means an authority on CW artillery. Yesterday my hunting buddy and I were hunting this hillside where we have found canister balls where the artillery was raking this hillside with steel shot. I found this iron piece yesterday and threw it in my finds pouch and brought it home. Upon just a quick cleaning I found this iron round piece to be perforated with holes. This piece is right at 2.5 inches in diameter and the center stem sticks up about a quarter inch from the centers piece and is hollow. This was found about 6 inches down. I was wondering if this could be some sort of piece from a canister shell. I looked in my CW Projectiles II book for reference but could not find a piece like this. Any help from someone more knowledgeable with CW artillery than by myself would be most welcome. Thanks for looking. IMG_20230115_122919.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230115_122748.jpg
    IMG_20230115_122748.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 105
That is what it looks like to me also... My grinder is from Northern Tools, and is different in the fact that it does not have the raised collar in the center, but the locking groove is there and size is about right...

thumbnail_IMG_20230116_003018779.jpg

Or pasta????