Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neil coils on F70/F75

foreign object

For you guys that have used them what are your thoughts overall and compared to the fisher coils.
Looking real hard at the Sharpshooter and possibly the Hunter.

Thanks
FO

The Nel Hunter weighs 3.6 oz more than the Fisher 11" coil and my tests showed about 1/2" to 1" extra depth with the Nel which is about right for being wider and 1.5" longer than the Fisher 11" Bi-Axial coil. No experience with the Sharp shooter.

I personally think they are built better and shielded better too. Even on the non DST units, they make a difference in cutting out some EMI. When I had the original F75, I bought the 5" round one. The Sharp. With it, the only difference between the Fisher 5" is the weight. The Sharp is a bit heavier but approx the same depth. I just recently got the Hunter to experiment on my new machine instead of sending it back to Fisher. It is heavier than the stock coil but it does appear to be built better. My favorite so far is the Tornado coil. The 12x13 one. It's the perfect blend of weight, ground coverage, and depth. I got approximately 2.5 to 3 inches more depth over the stock coil on coin size objects. I wanted to try a different one this time around with my newest F75. I got the next size up coil...the Storm. It is 13x14. So far...it's heavier than the Tornado but I've not seen much gain over it to justify the weight. I would much rather have the Tornado as of right now.

I have the Sharpshooter for my F75se. To me it's a perfect fit between the 11 and 5 inch coils. Works very well.

Question: Does anyone have an opinion/experience on the SEF vs the Nel coils? I'm wanting to get one or the other for my 75LTD.

On my Omega I didn't find anything about the Sharpshooter to write home about!
Not bad!
Not Great!
I sold it.
One thing I hated about the coil was the tapered (angled) mounting ears, they DO NOT bolt down flat against the lower rod.

Mark

MarkCZ said:
On my Omega I didn't find anything about the Sharpshooter to write home about!
Not bad!
Not Great!
I sold it.
One thing I hated about the coil was the tapered (angled) mounting ears, they DO NOT bolt down flat against the lower rod.

Mark

Same here, I have the sharpshooter for the F75, nothing special about it, except it seems to be about as deep as the 11"DD with a little smaller footprint.

Brother Ron in WV