Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL anyone ?

pescadore

I was wondering if anyone has tried a NEL coil on the Treasure Pro. I have gotten one negative report but was hoping someone else may have had a better experience. I have a Sharpshooter on the way and will let everyone know after this weekend whether it worked or not. When I spoke with a dealer on the NEL Coils, he stated that some of them would overload on the GT or 6T but that it was hit and miss. I hope that Whites will make a mid range and a small coil for the TPro.

Good News !! I got the NEL Sharpshooter in today and it worked great on the TreasurePro. I took it to a construction site not far from my house and was able to run the Sharpshooter/TreasurePro at full sensitivity with no problem. Clad was plentiful to about 5 inches at this site however, I didnt expect any different since it was a fairly modern demolition site. I spent about an hour and a half at the site and really liked the coil. It separates very good even in moderate to heavy trash and seemed to get good depth. I managed $2.65 in clad of varying denominations. The only complaint I had about the coil was that the VDI numbers were consistently about 2 numbers lower than the stock D2 coil but it only required a mental adjustment to solve that issue. With the areas that I hunt, I imagine the Sharpshooter will see more action than the D2 on the TreasurePro. This machine/coil combination will be perfect for what I bought the TreasurePro for as a tote around machine and a backup for the MX5. I am very pleased.

Pescadore,
That's great news! I was wondering if the weight and balance was better also. I checked one out at a dealer today (Treasuremaster) but I didn't like the balance of the 9" spider coil. The Sharpshooter is about 6 oz. lighter and attachment is in the middle instead of the back like the spider. The Sharpshooter is also recommended for beach hunting (I think) which is good for us because my wife only detects when we go there. The weight and balance is most important because she is petite.
I think White's has a designed a winner with the TM & TPRO detectors, but they need to work on their coil designs. GL & HH.

The Sharpshooter coil makes the TPro light as a feather and so easy to swing. I have RA and heavy detectors are difficult for me to swing. If getting up and down was not an issue, I could hunt all day with the TPro. I am trading my MX5 back to my dealer and getting another TPro because I like it that much and think giving up maybe an inch in depth will be totally worth it to me. The TPro is much more stable than the MX5. EMI has not been an issue in places that I had a problem before with the MX5. I don't know about the Treasure Master but the TPro is really nice. I run it with iron discriminated out with 8 tones and full sensitivity most of the time with the SHarpshooter Coil.