Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL "Attack" coil on the F-19

D&P-OR

Anybody had experience with this combo?-----What are your thoughts/results after using it?------Thanks-------------Del

I used not NEL attack but MARS discovery. Very similar coils. Everything got worse. Stability, false signals, worse identification and especially heavy weight. Now I use Detech SEF 10x12 and I am fully satisfied.

Not used the attack, but I have the cors strike 12x13 for my gold bug pro and omega 8000. I really like the coil on my gold bug, it’s depth is pretty good, has good separation but good coverage. I still am limited to about 9” on a penny in mild dirt. Now on the omega it’s a different story. We are struggling to get along but getting better. I also have the little 6.5x3.5 and it is a fantastic coil on both machines. I can scratch that same 9” penny!!! Just barely a whisper. Yeah that little thing ticks all the boxes for me.

My opinion would be that the attack is a little big for me. Trust me that f19 will be nose heavy bad. The strike is very noticeable weight increase over stock. Prefer the srod fisher over the pistol grip tek for bigger coils I’ve discovered. Unless the f19 is different that a GBP I wouldn’t expect huge depth gains at least not on high conductors.

How come your looking for another coil? Which are you using the 10x5 dd? It’s a fantastic coil. I use it on all my machines. Keith southern has a vid of it smacking a 13” quarter in disc mode in 4 bar dirt on the f19!!! Won’t touch a dime at 10” though. In my dirt either. I’ve never dug a deep nickel say beyond 6-7” but I have dug pewter and lead very deep with the gold bug and 10x5 combo. The more I use the gold bug the more I like it. It’s very calm and easy to trust. I would consider the 11x7 for a bit more depth, unless you have hot ground it’s not much better than the 10x5 as proved by Keith. It will get the 10” dime though.

The Mars Tiger works very good on my F19. I'm surprised the Discovery doesn't seem to perform well. It might be bad. My experience with third party coils is that when you get a good one, it's really good but quality control seems to be lacking. I've had 2 bad NEL coils but my Mars works well as mentioned and so does my Detech Ultimate. The Ultimate will get an extra inch or two in hard dirt for me and it is barely heavier than the 11 DD. I use it at the beach mainly because trash is moderate and I need fast ground coverage. Since I need good separation in all other areas and the bigger coils simply fall apart when one wants to unmask good targets in heavy junk, I almost always use small round coils now.

My at-the-ready Outfit:

5" Round DD: Nokta CoRe, Relic and Teknetics T2+

6" Round Concentric: Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX

6½" Round Concentric: White's IDX Pro [size=small](modified)[/size] and XLT.

7" Round Concentric: Makro Racer 2, Teknetics Omega 8000 and Fisher F44

5X10 Elliptical DD: Teknetics T2+

I generally search confined and very trashy sites where smaller -size coils provide the best all-around performance..

Monte

I have never used the NEL Attack coil but i own and use the next size coil down the NEL Storm,its a deadly combination on my original green T2,its about the largest size coil that i would use on pasture sites that still allows me greater depth on not only larger items but in my case its still sensitivity on small hammered coins,traditionally larger coil are basically only good for depth on larger finds but i have found over the last 3 years this bucks the trend,it not only covers more ground but still gives you the ability of larger targets at slightly greater depth but still hitting my desired object the small silver and also gold hammered coins at depths that are just out of reach of normal stock coils so yes it does have a massive advantage in that respect.

You would not of course use a larger coil apart from say clean open pasture sites on trashy roman/saxon or celtic sites as target masking would be the major issue.

For the most part most of my detectors also have small/smallish coils on from say the 4'' on some of my Tesoro/Laser detectors,T2 5'' coil,Nexus MP 7'' this combination is ridiculously deep for a 7'' infacts its a 8x6 coil,but the Nexus does have the extra power to drive this coil voltage wise hence the amazing depth from the Nexus.

NEL coils of which i have a few are my favourite aftermarket coil brand,never had any problems with them and i do own a considerable amount of coil,of course its all a personal thing and what detector/coil combinations folks use,for instance what someone uses for park detecting across the pond would be totally wrong for clear open pasture sites or deep plough like we have in the UK.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2273243,2273251#msg-2273251

I have a NEL Tornado (12"x13") that I used on my F19/G2+/8500. It ran OK on the 19kHz. It could get noisy on the 8500. It didn't seem to get much more depth than the Fisher 11" Biaxial coil but painted targets a little more solid.

HH
Mike

I use that set up for civil war relic hunting. It works very well.