Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL "BIG" Coil. What to Expect??

grumpysrb

I ordered the BIG coil made by NEL from The Gold Digger last night. It shipped today. I was impressed by that. Now if UPS will deliver it while I'm home.

I was wondering what to expect? How much depth will I get over the stock 8.5x11 inch coil. I saw the youtube posted by NEL and if I remember correctly they got 19 inches on a quarter size coin. I don't expect that, but 12 to 15 would be great. How's pin pointing?

I have used it for like 5-6 hunts so far. i am really impressed. pinpointing is just like the smaller coils. in fact, my pinpointer ran out of batteries and i did just fine with the coil. i recently hit areas that i have pounded with no results. gotten silver out of 2 of the places and lots of wheaties too.

one thing, make sure you ground balance with the sensitivity turned down about half. otherwise it's really difficult. and make sure you aren't over anything when you do it.

having that much ground coverage is just awesome. i love it. on sunday i pulled an old token out of a place that previously skunked me. i also pulled a dime out of the bottom of a hole that was as deep as my lesche. sounded off in the 50s, but nice signal.

last thing, i would purchase the swingy thingy from doc on ebay. it's a harness for your detector that makes it much lighter. your arm will get super tired with that frying pan on the end of the shaft. just make sure you don't overtighten the mounting bracket or it will break.

let me know if you have any questions! btw, i posted a couple of field test results on my blog - links below.

Thanks. I have a spot in mind, if I can still get in there.

Grumpy, I can't tell you about the BIG, but I got the 12X13 Tornado for my AT Pro and have had a couple hunts with it so far. It airtests 11 1/2" on a 1922 mercury dime.

It's about the same weight as the stock 11", but ergonomically it's not as smooth I guess because of its size although not enough to cause me a problem. Pinpointing is no problem at all.

It's a nice coil, and in areas that are target light enough not to use the 5X8 I foresee using it most of the time instead of the stock coil.