Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nel coils for Tesoro?

SpiritRelic

It looks as if we can talk about these coils now?Every review about these coils has been good.For Tesoro, Nel carries the Storm,Hunter,Sharpshooter,Tornado,Sharp.Google Nel coils and check them out.They are pretty coil and i would love to try one.Has anyone here used one on a Tesoro?How did it do?

In previous post there are mixed reviews. Most have said there is no advantage of any of the aftermarket coils over the Tesoro 10 x12 Widescan. I finally got out for the first time yesterday with my 10 x 12 and I doubt that I will take it off. It is hitting some targets up to about 13" I also read somewhere that using aftermarket coils will void the warranty, not sure about that though. Maybe TesoroMD can chime in to answer that.

I don't know how Tesoro would even know you had an after market coil on, unless you sent it in with one.
A coil is nothing more than 2 seperate coils made of a few turns of magnet wire.
Some engineer calculated that x number of turns of x size wire run at x frequency for send and receive would get a certain desired result for that machine.
Unless the company making these coils figures that they can make a million coils and sell one to every person willing to buy one without regard to whether they are a correct fit for the detector you have nothing to lose by trying one.
Although, if you spend your money on something not made by Tesoro, don't start complaining if the company cuts back on producing your favorite products because money gets tight.
Just my 2 wheat cents worth.

I just thought it would be nice to discuss them, that is the only agenda.I have just read some good things about them.Sorry for your bad luck with the coil. :-(

Hey bro I will look them up , could be somthing to it >>>>>>>>"

they do not make them for the 5 pin Tesoro machines just the 4 pin but they seemed to perform well, I just did some quick searching on U- tubb

Are there any dealers here in the states? I would like to try the 5.5x 9.5 on the tejon but i don't see where any one carries them.. thanks

In my opinion they would be a waste of money. There is no magic to a coil. Coil technology has not changed since you were born. Different coil configurations may have come that can shape the transmit field, but that is about it. It gets as simple as output power is limited by the FCC. Engineers use an equation to determine how many wraps at what circumference, shape, and wire diameter. There is no magic wire, just different configurations to change the shape of the transmit field. I think their claims defy common electronics sense and are bogus.

Your taking it out of context from what I originally posted on another forum page. It was for that page only. No mention was made about bringing it up on a manufacture's sponsored page. Also NO Links to non sponsor sites.

On another note. I hate to pop your bubble, but there is no miracle, super duper coil being made out there. There may be coils that are manufactured with higher quality material, and workmanship, but that's where it stops. Of course a size or shape that isn't readily available that is being made is a slight different story.

Mr. Bill

Hey,

Excluding Tesoro, I have used NEL coils on three other detectors made by other manufacturers. They're PRICEY coils, but have quality and performance that impresses me.

There have been some complaints about the positioning of the cable connector on the coil. It was too close to where the nut & bolt attaches the coil to the lower stem on the detector.

What has NEL done about that? They moved it to a new postioin on the new Grey Color coils.

Let me say this.....I like how quickly they modified the coils per the complaints they received, I like the differing sizes they offer, and I like the performance SO FAR on the detectors I have used them on.

At least they're OUT THERE for those who want them.

J in FL

Still not worth the extra money in my opinion. If I were to buy one somebody would have to test the NEL over a stock Tesoro on a seasoned test garden to show me the depth difference. If there was (and I doubt it) a fair amount of depth difference, THEN I would consider one. I don't think that will ever happen.