Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nel DD Sharpshooter Coil on the F5

coyote

Have been considering a DD search coil for the F5 to compliment the original concentric. Search area is low to medium mineralization - pretty trashy area. Would like to present this question to our F5 Forum that can share your hands on experience with this Coil and others that you have found useful. MOST all my detecting is for coins & jewelry. If this questions has already been answered previously you can just tell this senior where to go? Any and all input & suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you for sharing! CY USAF 62-66

I ran the Fisher 5x10 DD on the F5. Its like running the 5" DD coil in a 10" shoe. Very stable and pretty tight. I sold it a while back to raise cash for another machine. Been missing it so I recently bought a NEL sharpshooter for my F5 and its in the mail (hopefully). I hope to see it before Thanksgiving Day. I can let you know what I think about it after the Thanksgiving Holidays.

HH
Mike

I used to own the F5 but sold it to try something else. I used the NEL Sharpshooter on it and really liked it. It was lighter and much better balanced than the 11"DD. It had good separation and depth. I still have the coil and run it on my F19.

Of all the coils I own and have tried, I have yet to find a better coil overall than the Fisher 11 DD. I have tried and still own a few from Detech and NEL and I seem to come back to the Fisher coil most of the time. The only major drawback to the DD compared to the concentric is that suddenly the detector sees a lot of bottle caps that were ignored by the concentric. I find the 11 DD goes deeper than the concentric.

It's the coil I like the most on my F19 as well.

Mike Hillis said:
I ran the Fisher 5x10 DD on the F5. Its like running the 5" DD coil in a 10" shoe. Very stable and pretty tight. I sold it a while back to raise cash for another machine. Been missing it so I recently bought a NEL sharpshooter for my F5 and its in the mail (hopefully). I hope to see it before Thanksgiving Day. I can let you know what I think about it after the Thanksgiving Holidays.

HH
Mike

Will be looking forward to your feedback concerning the NEL sharpshooter. Essentially was looking for another brand the same size but smaller & Lighter than stock 10" . Preferably DD configuration. After reading some of the forums postings it has come down to the sharpshooter or the snake?? Thanks very much for taking the time to share your observations. May all your discoveries be treasures. Cy USAF 62-66

James/Texas said:
I used to own the F5 but sold it to try something else. I used the NEL Sharpshooter on it and really liked it. It was lighter and much better balanced than the 11"DD. It had good separation and depth. I still have the coil and run it on my F19.

Very interesting James! Sounds encouraging - smaller & lighter than factory?? This will do for me very nicely. Need something that has excellent separation & maintains depth. It will probably come down to either the sharpshooter or snake as soon as I can gather more of our forum information. Thanks for taking the time to share. Cy USAF 62-66

dfmike said:
Of all the coils I own and have tried, I have yet to find a better coil overall than the Fisher 11 DD. I have tried and still own a few from Detech and NEL and I seem to come back to the Fisher coil most of the time. The only major drawback to the DD compared to the concentric is that suddenly the detector sees a lot of bottle caps that were ignored by the concentric. I find the 11 DD goes deeper than the concentric.

It's the coil I like the most on my F19 as well.

I'll keep that in mind. At one time I was looking at the Fisher 11 DD as it came with very good reports. Appreciate your note. Thank you! Cy USAF 62-66

Hello coyote,

When re-entering the hobby about 7 yrs ago, I bought an F5 11" DD bi-axial for my BH Platinum. It worked/works very well on that machine. It increased performance tremendously over the standard 8' concentric.

I bought the NEL Snake as a trash sifter for my F75. Nothing but good to say about that coil. Feels good, balances well, for a small coil. Solid performance and build.

The NEL Sharpshooter MAY be a good one coil comprimise of an 11" DD and the Snake. You would still have good coverage, with better separation. Reviews/opinions of the Sharpshooter I have read, seem pretty favorable. Keep an eye out for Mike's evaluation.

I don't have the sharpshooter but I do have a 5 X 10 Detech SEF coil. I like it a lot as well. Looks a lot like the NEL counterpart. Light as a feather, good construction. It's a good coil for tight spaces. Detech's marketing in America seems abissmal for some reason which is a pity because people in Europe seem to love them.

The NEL sharpshooter arrived. I'll make sure I spend some time with it on the F5 and let you know how it does.

HH
Mike.

Hi Mike ..... One of our Forum Sponsors had a new Snake Coil and for the price I purchased it for the F5. Don't know if I'll be able to get out with it as the weather's been unfavorably. Not sure where you're located but hope that you'll be able to get out and be able to post feedback for us. Haven't forgotten and will look forward to your evaluation. Thank U! Cy