Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL hunter coil on T2

dirt lizard

Has anyone used an NEL hunter coil on their T2? I'm thinking of purchasing one to replace the 11 in stock coil it has.

The Hunter coil seems to be ok,but its not all that much bigger than the stock coil is it really,so would the expense outway the slight extra performance,the Tornado coil i can see some advantages ie ground coverage and also some extra depth but the coil is bigger than the stock coil by a reasonable amount so that would warrant the extra outlay but no so sure about the Hunter coil.

I do use larger NEL coil on my T2 and the favourite for a all round performance increase is the Storm coil,not only giving a fair increase in depth but also still sensitive on small targets as well,of course the bigger you go you gain depth but loose the sensitivity.Its all about finding that happy medium

I've dug some deep CW bullets using the Hunter coil. Good luck!

I used the Hunter religiously on an F75 for a season instead of the stcck coil. There weren’t any cons really but a few pros:

- balance feels a lot better to me. This is subjective, but I find the stock coil throws the ergonomics off for me. I’m finding the same thing on a new Patriot.

- tad bit more depth. Maybe an inch at best but tends to give cleaner vdi readings at same depths of the stock coil

- Less prone to EMI. On my F75 this was quite noticeable.

It was the coil that stayed on the F75 the most. I sold it with the F75 to finance a start-up, but now plan on purchasing it again.