Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL Sharpshooter Coil - Ace 250

Tarot

Hi Everyone

NEL Sharpshooter: 9.5 inch x 5.5 inch (24 cm x 14 cm) 350g

Has anyone used the NEL Sharpshooter coil on the Ace 250? I have checked the forums and there is very little mention of this coil, with most people going for the Hunter or Tornado version. I have always been quite happy with the target depths using the standard coil, so I'm not looking for any depth improvement. I was considering getting a DD coil for better separation on fields and possible stability improvement on very occasional visits to the beach.

At the quoted 350g the Sharpshooter would be lighter than the standard coil and might also make the Ace slightly better balanced (weight)

So has anyone used one and what are your thoughts?

Tarot (Bob)

Not having used a Nel on the Ace, couldn't give you an honest opinion. I do hunt the Ace along with the At Pro. With very good results, (for me).
One reason for not seeing much on your question might be. Weighing the cost of the Nel vs the reduced price of the At Pro's might be one big reason.
You might want to check the difference between the two ideas. The Ace fills a nitch very well. But the Pro just about has it all, plus being waterproof.
If your going to put the time in, the Pro will make up the difference in cost in results. Something to look into, but than again, what do I know?
Whatever you decide happy hunting.

Dancer