Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL Sharpshooter

Ronstar

Pulled the trigger for an NEL Sharpshooter coil for the F75. Arrived this morning so just had to attach it to the detector to make sure it fit correctly, right? Well as long as its on then maybe I should go check it out and make sure it works and functions, right??
Initial test was wood chips in a tot lot, I was hoping for shallow clad just to see how it reacts and pinpoints. Ended up with $1 in various coins that were 2” or less, pinpointing was dead under the attachment point so center of coil!
Decided to head out to county park where its a nightmare to work due to years of college students partying and flipping caps and pulltabs. If using with a relatively slow swing I was getting very obvious separation of tabs, caps, coins, etc. Ground was too frozen to dig so didn’t really try. First impression is this will be my go to coil for trashy areas! Saw where slash pile was still smoldering from a Spring cleanup and just now burned so decided to try around it as ground should be softer from the heat.
I had several high hits but by using the pinpointer to outline the area Im pretty sure it was larger junk metal. There are several burnt and flattened pieces of tin sheetmetal in that area. I got a good signal that the pinpointer feature showed as a small consistent target about 4” deep. Ended up a1935D very worn quarter so this coil on its virgin outing scored!!! On just the first outing I’m very happy with the purchase.

THE coil pretty much mounted 95% of the time on my F70.
Fully confident in the depth it can get to, the sensitivity it has to all targets both big and small and the target separation abilities it posesses.
Also more stable and noticeably quieter on my rig which is important for a tool with no DST.
Didn't think any coil could let me max out both the gain and the thresh and still be able to use the thing in any of my sites but now in about 75% of them this one does.
I have hundreds of hours with the Fisher round 5" coil and that is also amazing...excels in all those same areas and it found me a ton over the years but in my dirt, in my sites the Nel just works better
A bonus is using tiny snipers you tend to feel you aren't covering areas as fast as you want to but even though this thing isn't huge it feels much better, much less frustrating in this area.

Enjoy it, when you are able to dig deep turn up the gain and watch what it can do.
Bring a shovel.

Regarding sensitivity...the silver you see below was just part of a tiny tennis racquet charm I found in an area surrounded by wires and heavy EMI that I had been cleaning out for more than 1.5 years.
It was close to a very old rock bench, an area I have scoured maybe close to a couple hundred times with all my detectors and all my coils including the round sniper and three other coils on the F70.
I missed it every time but it came in loud and clear using the Nel on my first pass and on my very first hunt using this great coil.
It wasn't iffy, it was a must dig me solid signal.
The first time this coil dropped my jaw but definitely not the last

photostudio_1606913082181.jpg

Last edited:
So far my initial usage has only covered finds no more than 4-5” deep. I did notice in the metal playground areas I was able to get up closer and under the equipment further. The one thing I’ve not conquered yet is the #%£¥ rebar in the sidewalks! It hits high and the detector says quarter or better but I just about give up on the edges. I also want to try the Bottle Cap mode with this coil too and see how that goes.....

Of course lots of factors determine depth but I can give you an idea of a few of my experiences.
At an old forgotten volleyball court in low mineralized sand in all metal I easily heard and recovered a nickel that was very solid and 11" deep.
Hit it in disc too but a bit more iffy.
I believe I could have gone even deeper but that was just where it happened to be hanging out.

In my rough mineralized soil I can easily acquire coins at the 5-7" mark which is what I aim for but picked up a few one or two inches past that which matches or beats my 11" DD Fisher coil in this dirt.
Add 3-4" or more inches to that to compare if I was hunting in better dirt.

This lamp part you see below was dug from my mineralized dirt in all metal and gain and thresh maxed with boost as a very solid signal but I also hit it at 85 sense, -2 thresh, DE speed in disc at 4.
The screen never went blank which Fishers tend to do on targets at the limit of the scanning field, got stable solid numbers on every pass from all directions.
Every bit of 11.5-12" deep...I was amazed.
Things like that don't happen often on any targets in my dirt.
This coil can go shockingly deep on Fishers, it gets crazy deep in my bad dirt on my F5, too.
It works great using any settings but push your settings to the hotter side and your jaw will drop.

One time I got a weird but solid signal on a very old rusted thick screw on bottle cap.
Something was inside it, looked like a thick plug.
I thought that was strange so I pulled it out and it was two V nickels stuck together.
photostudio_1606930843250.jpg

I have no bottle cap setting on mine but the wiggle and pull back watching for drops to iron as the front coil edge passes over them method works extremely well on this coil.
I can identify about 95% of them using it, the only time I get fooled is on the few very old, rusted and totally flattened ones I come across which are pretty rare, luckily.

photostudio_1606927737113.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger for an NEL Sharpshooter coil for the F75. Arrived this morning so just had to attach it to the detector to make sure it fit correctly, right? Well as long as its on then maybe I should go check it out and make sure it works and functions, right??
Initial test was wood chips in a tot lot, I was hoping for shallow clad just to see how it reacts and pinpoints. Ended up with $1 in various coins that were 2” or less, pinpointing was dead under the attachment point so center of coil!
Decided to head out to county park where its a nightmare to work due to years of college students partying and flipping caps and pulltabs. If using with a relatively slow swing I was getting very obvious separation of tabs, caps, coins, etc. Ground was too frozen to dig so didn’t really try. First impression is this will be my go to coil for trashy areas! Saw where slash pile was still smoldering from a Spring cleanup and just now burned so decided to try around it as ground should be softer from the heat.
I had several high hits but by using the pinpointer to outline the area Im pretty sure it was larger junk metal. There are several burnt and flattened pieces of tin sheetmetal in that area. I got a good signal that the pinpointer feature showed as a small consistent target about 4” deep. Ended up a1935D very worn quarter so this coil on its virgin outing scored!!! On just the first outing I’m very happy with the purchase.

I have been singing the praises of the sharpshooter on my f44 for many seasons now... I started with one on my explorer many, many yrs ago and was so impressed with it that when the f44 arrived I switched off the tear drop and went with the sharpshooter and its been on ever since !! I have been real recently using the quish 440 with pretty good results, so I'll continue with it come spring...

I believe you'll be really happy with the results you see on your f75..

HH Mark ( ohio )