Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nel Snake coil

I need some feed back on the Nel Snake coil on a Fisher, preferably on the F5 if possible. Do you think the snake would be a better choice over the fisher 5dd?

Can't speak for the F 5, but the 5" on the Omega 8000 (similar to F 5) and 8500 and F 75 is a killer coil and very deep. I've had NEL Sharpshooter coils on the Omega, A T Pro and one of my F 75 LTD's and I really liked the Fisher coils better when comparing them to Fishers 5 x 10 DD. About the same depth wise, but felt the Fishers separated a bit better. My 2 cents, anyway. HH jim tn

I didn't find the Snake to be enough different than the stock 5 to justify the expense on my Omega and Gold Bug Pro. Results may vary, that's just my experience.

pasttom said:
I didn't find the Snake to be enough different than the stock 5 to justify the expense on my Omega and Gold Bug Pro. Results may vary, that's just my experience.

Same here for my F75, good little coil but if you already have a small coil its not going bring in a lot more coins. The only thing it does over the 5" is give me a little better ground coverage.

Ron in WV

I have both the snake and the 5 in coil. Depth wise they are about the same. The nice thing about the snake is its shape, easier to get into tight places. If you already have the 5 in just stay with it. If you don't get the snake, more versatile etc

What about the Nel 14" and up for the Fisher F series? Anyone using these or have tried them? I am looking for a little more depth as my parks are just about dug out down to 6" I have the F70 with the 11" DD Fisher and it has been good to me. Thanks, Dan