Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nel Tornado First Day Results

miserman

After solving a Ground Balance issue with the Nel 12" X 13" Tornado coil on my F75,I took it to a small church yard that I hunted in March of this year. When I hunted it in March with the stock 11"coil I was able to find 6 Wheats and 1 Mercury Dime after hunting it for about 5 hours. Today I again hunted about 5 hours and was able to find 4 Wheats,1 Indian Head,and 2 silver Dimes. All the coins were 6-7 inches deep and this is about the same depth as the coins that I found in March. Both Dimes gave readings that were mostly in the 60's and were not very loud. I feel that they were both on edge and this may be why I missed them in March the first time I hunted this very small area. Surprisingly the Indian Head gave a mid to upper 70's reading. The Wheats had readings in the lower 60's and were not very loud. The Nel was stable and I was able to run Sensitivity at 88 while in the All Metal Mode. With the coins all being "quiet" readings I believe the bigger coil made a difference today. I didn't notice much target separation problems compared to the stock 11" coil. I did notice that the bigger Nel DID NOT pick up small shallow targets as much as the stock coil. The extra weight of the Nel is somewhat noticeable,especially after several hours of use. I don't think I will make it my "everyday" coil, but it will be nice to use after hunting an area with the 11" stock coil first.....Thanks for looking
fullsizeoutput_504.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice finds.

Two silver day is outstanding in my book plus the IH cent is just a nice bonus. Glad you got that bigger coil working good now.

The deepest coins that Ive ever found with my F75 were with the Tornado coil. Your id numbers seem odd to me a little bit. Not unheard of, but not something that should be regular.

Congrats on some nice finds.

digsgti said:
The deepest coins that Ive ever found with my F75 were with the Tornado coil. Your id numbers seem odd to me a little bit. Not unheard of, but not something that should be regular.

Congrats on some nice finds.
Thanks for the reply digsgti. The mid 70's VDI on the Indian Head is very unusual. I was sure there would be a silver dime in with it, but it was the only target in the hole. I agree that number is very odd. With the 11" stock coil I dig a lot of Indian Heads and older Wheats that have VDI readings from the high 50's up to the mid 60's. These are the ones that are 6-9 inches deep and have the deep green patina. Most silver dimes i dig with the 11" coil give 72-74 VDI readings. This is why I feel that the high 60's VDI on the dimes was because they may have been on edge. I always hunt in Motion All Metal if possible and keep a close watch on VDI readings. I need to use the Nel more to get a better idea of its characteristics...Thanks for looking