Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL Tornado or Detech Ultimate 13???

soky72

Has anyone owned both coils that could give me a recommendation or possibly another of the big coils you've liked. Hunting Civil War lead in fairly clean ground.

I had the Tornado for 1 day. Unfortunately it was defective and I had to send it back. I've been using the Ultimate coil for a long time. I find it light for its size and it goes deeper than the stock 7 X 11 on my G2+ and F19.

If you search a little, you will get different opinions on here. Some are hardcore NEL fans and others like the Detech Ultimate a lot. You will not get a conclusive answer me thinks. Another player is MGC with its 13" coil. I don't have it but have their 5 X 8 and I like it a lot. The MGC coils seem to be less expensive than all the other choices. The Mars Discovery is another option. I have their Tiger coil and like it as well. At this point I don't think one would really stand out from another of the same size when testing depth,separation and target ID. I might be wrong.

Its kinda like asking which is better? A Ford, a Chevy, or a Ram...... there is not enough beer or a big enough campfire to debate and come to any conclusions. Lol