Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nel vs detech vs custom carbon fiber(australia)

seeker41

i need to get rid of this old 10 inch thick heavy minelab coil!!!!! i have had a sef 10x12 on my excal in the past and liked its weight and depth/sensitivity. with repeated connector changes and mods the cable is now too short for me to use this coil on my excal.
so,........im looking for a new coil and some advice. there are new coils out there, nel, detech, carbon fiber(made in australia) any of these better than the detech sef 10x12? any glowing recomendations? i hunt from around waist deep surf and wet sand, the 10x12 did not bother me in the surf!!!!

thanks,
chuck.

I think the 10x12 is going to be hard to beat. Thar's my opinion

I use the SEF 10X 12 on my Sovereign GT. I had the Detech Ultimate 13", Sunray S-12, Standard 10", Sunray S-8 and Sunray S-5. When I put the SEF on the Sovereign it has not been taken off except for some real trashy areas. Even sold the S-12 as I was not using it. I think the 10 X 12 is extremely hard to beat. At least none of the coils that I have can beat it.

Havent done any mods to my Excal yet so dont know what the resistance in the water to the 10X12 might be. Should be better than the standard 10".

GeorgeinSC said:
I use the SEF 10X 12 on my Sovereign GT. I had the Detech Ultimate 13", Sunray S-12, Standard 10", Sunray S-8 and Sunray S-5. When I put the SEF on the Sovereign it has not been taken off except for some real trashy areas. Even sold the S-12 as I was not using it. I think the 10 X 12 is extremely hard to beat. At least none of the coils that I have can beat it.

Havent done any mods to my Excal yet so dont know what the resistance in the water to the 10X12 might be. Should be better than the standard 10".

That's about the only knock I have on the 10X12, I don't like the resistance it has in the water. In my opinion the 10" Tornado is easier to swing(in the water), gets the same depth/separation but is heavier and not as balanced as the 10X12.

I had a nel sharpshooter for my etrac, really a nice coil. Never waded with it, but good separation and depth. Very similar to the Joey coil by coiltek.