Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nell coil and FA process

brianfloyd

I always learn from Tom D ' S awesome tips. No exception this time either. I will keep this short. So I've had a love hate w my pre and update 75 noise, target separation chatter etc. but it's finally coming together and I feel confidence building. I read the last post about FA process and layed 5 targets in the floor and ran through all the processes. Big wake up for me. I'd been hunting 99% of the time in boost P but after seeing how FA can ID I had to try it. What's weird is I had tried it in the field several times and if was just like machine gun Fire and it drove me nuts. Don't know what changed tonight but in less than an hour at a place I've gone several times I found (all clad )5 quarters 4 dimes a couple of old pennies a pendant a tiny and I mean tiny silver ring about the size of a dime and width maybe a mm very very tiny and the find of the day a old Masonic silver ring with a G and I think some sort of stones. The only thing I did not find today in the pic is th[sup][/sup]e 1901 dime I found at the iron furnace a couple of weeks ago. Last thing the Nell sharpshooter rocks and seems to love silver and coins. That what I used tonight and loved iit. separates great stable and pinpoints good. I think I'll get the next size up and become a all around Nell guy. Very impressed with them.I always learn from your awesome tips. No exception this time either. I will keep this short and I hope someone will make a compilation of all your post. Heck I wish he'd do it in book form and publish. Wouldn't that be awesome. So I've had a love hate w my pre and update 75 noise, target separation chatter etc. but it's finally coming together and I feel confidence building. I read the last post about FA process and layed 5 targets in the floor and ran through all the processes. Big wake up for me. I'd been hunting 99% of the time in boost P but after seeing how FA can ID I had to try it. What's weird is I had tried it in the field several times and if was just like machine gun Fire and it drove me nuts. Don't know what changed tonight but in less than an hour at a place I've gone several times I found (all clad )5 quarters 4 dimes a couple of old pennies a pendant a tiny and I mean tiny silver ring about the size of a dime and width maybe a mm very very tiny and the find of the day a old Masonic silver ring with a G and I think some sort of stones. The only thing I did not find today in the pic is the 1901 dime I found at the old furnace site. I used the Nell sharpshooter tonight and loved ii. Gonna get the bigger size and be a Nell all the time guy. Can't post pics will try later says file to big.

Sweet! Would love to see the pics! :clapping:
Try resizing the file...thats what a guy has to do...it takes a bit of fooling around to figure it out for me..
Mud

A bit early for me to say for sure, but the few times I have had the detector out the FA mode has worked real well for me. It grabs those coins in the trash like nothing I ever seen.

When going to the park area I hunt, I walk a path and always kind of swing my way in, never hit anything. The first time with FA about 10' feet into my walk it was telling me a quarter, so I PP and dug, out came rusty bottle cap. I checked the hole and the thing was telling me I said there is a quarter down there, I re pinpointed, and a couple of inches off the center of the hole and started digging again. It was right on a clad quarter came up for air.

I also noticed the FA mode likes a fast sweep to get a good ID.

Mud I think the FA mode was made for you.

Ron in WV

yes very nice finds, and i agree trashy areas de and fa will work better but de is less affected by emi hh

F75 LTD2 + NEL Sharpshooter Coil = Something Special.:thumbup:

I've had my upgraded F75 back for a few weeks now, but haven't had a chance to actually hunt with it, but the testing that I've done with it is super impressive.

tabman

tabman said:
F75 LTD2 + NEL Sharpshooter Coil = Something Special.:thumbup:

I've had my upgraded F75 back for a few weeks now, but haven't had a chance to actually hunt with it, but the testing that I've done with it is super impressive.

tabman

Me too. I was despirate enough to be out in the relatively snow free sections of my paved driveway trying different settings yesterday. I am Soooo ready for this winter to be over.