Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:nerd:Headphones.......Hmmm

tomtowns

After the recent post on the questionable Koss UR-30 headphones, I finally had to take my set out in the front yard & give them a try... I usually use my Jolly Roger Ultimates that I had previously bought for use with a MXT that came with a bad set...Anyway I plugged them in & was pleasantly surprised that the response appeals more to my likeing than the Jolly Rogers...HMMM...They actually sound "different" & I mean more of a lower tone type for threshold & Iron more of a deep Bass....Two clad Quarters & a 52 wheatie within the next few minutes & I think I actually may prefer them but still am not "REALLY" sure...I'll need to switch them out the next time I'm hunting & get a deep iffy signal just to be sure...Now before everybody starts howling at me, let me say that I haven't tried the other brands so can't comment but I really would like to hear some other "Honest" comparisons...Actually I think I may just head down to the local detector shop & give the different ones a try...To tell the truth, I couldn't believe there would be such a difference...I guess it may all boil down to preference??? Or will different phones REALLY give a person BETTER DEPTH???? Maybe minelab knows something we don't???

n/t

As I posted, I use my Killer Bs alot but the Koss don't give me a headache when you hunt all day.

Greetings tomtowns, When I purchased my EX-II over a year ago, they came equipped with the Koss Headphones. At our annual silver hunt (last month), I won a set of Sunray pro Headphones. They seem to me, not as loud with signals as the Koss. maybe the difference is impedance. Hope this helps tomtowns:thumbup: Happy Hunting Grounds,

Savage. (EX-II)

I'm pretty sure that Minelab uses them for a reason....I think they are 50 ohm??? I'm not an electronics guru either but on another forum for nuggetshooting, the site administrator replied to a similar post about headphones by saying that it was "HIS" opinion that minelab detectors were designed primarily for use with 50 ohm phones...I know a lot of folks are swearing by their Rat Or Grey Ghosts but what I'm REALLY wondering is IF there is any advantage to useing one VS. the other or if maybe like a lot of other things it's only a PREFERENCE???

I think you are right on with what the admin said tomtowns. I could see the advantage with the Koss for people with poor hearing. And personally, they are more comfortable to me. Happy Hunting Grounds,

Savage. (EX-II)