Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

net thunder on my AT pro

maxxkatt

recently got a nel thunder for my at pro so I can better hunt beaches and farm fields.

would be glad to get any feedback and/or tips from others here using the nel thunder or other nel coils.

so far I am pleased with the increased performance, but a month hunting 2-3 times per week is still kind of early for me to make any serious compares. But so far, it is a little noisy when you bump into the ground or anything else in the woods. Other than that it is pretty stable. the kellyco salesman said always run it at 3/4 batter or above. Hmm, why is that? does anyone know?
also the manual and salesman said ground balance at 1/2 sensitivity level or 4 down from max. anyone know why?

I have some areas I am hunting and am thinking a good strategy is to hunt with my at pro stock coil and when that is all cleaned out, go back over with the nel thunder for the deeper stuff. Or do you think I should just hunt the area with the Nel coil from the beginning?

The electronics always use less power then the the batteries produce. The AT Pro will run just as well at one bare as it will with 5. It is good practice to turn the sensitivity down somewhat when ground balancing any metal detector. If the environment has EMI and or high mineralization, the machine will have a very difficult time doing a proper ground balance. He was correct with those instructions. Any time you detect in a new environment such as wet sand to dry sand, wet sand to water, woods to manicured grass, you should always re-ground balance the detector.

If using the MAX or GOLD, you can utilize the ground balance window, to allow the detector to work well in areas where the mineralization frequently changes without constantly ground balancing.